Csuf 2014

onenametim

Who is choosing Fullerton as their school of choice? Has everyone heard from them by now? I was recently accepted to the 2 year program under the child welfare concentration and am STOKED! My original plan was to go to long beach. However, after having my interview, I found the staff incredible friendly and inviting. I also thought the school was beautiful and would be a great place for me to experience new things. I went to LB for my undergrad, and though I loved it, I felt the MSW program there wasn't as inviting as the other schools I applied to. I want to feel invited and welcomed, and also supported during my two years of study. And so... I am happy to say that Fullerton will be number one choice!

• 2 weeks later...

My interview with them lasted about an hour. You are interviewed alone by two faculty members who ask you general questions about your experiences in the field, what peaked your interest in social work, etc etc.  I interviewed with them on a Tuesday and got an e-mail that Saturday saying I had been admitted. Good Luck on your interview!

That's weird my interview lasted only about 20 mins. That faculty members that interviewed had said from the beginning that it would be brief and should only last about 15 mins. I wonder if that means anything. How many questions did they ask you?

I had my interview at CSUF yesterday too, mine lasted about 20 minutes as well. I asked when I would be notified whether I am accepted or not and they told me I would receive an email within 2 weeks.  I'm hoping I get in too! I also applied to CSULB and CSULA and have yet to hear from either one.

Oh ok thanks! I didn't expect it would be so short. Yeah I haven't heard anything back from csulb either except that I was on pending status. They said that theirs a possibility I wont be notified with a final decision until July. But I will post on here when I hear back from csuf, it'd be great if you did the same :)

My interview for CSUF was about 30 minutes (I had a lot of questions). It happened on a Monday and I heard from them on Sunday. Good luck guys!

Awesome thanks for sharing that! I'll be waiting anxiously!

Did you guys hear?!

Not yet! I called today and the lady told me it will take about 2-3 weeks. So looks like I have another week to go...Will definitely post when I hear back though.  

I haven't heard anything either.  I was told 2 weeks, so hopefully we will hear something by the end of next week. I can't help but to check me email multiple times a day!!!

I received a letter of acceptance in the mail from CSUF today!!! I was surprised because I was told I would receive a response via email.  I have to respond by May 9th.  I'm still waiting to hear from CSULB and CSULA, so I have no idea as to what I'm going to do. I'm hoping I hear from them early next week!

Thanks! I might accept Fullerton too.  It's crazy how long LA and LB are taking to give people responses!  I'm going to call both schools later to ask about my application status.  LB is my first choice, but they're taking too long.  Are you in the 2 or 3 year program and what's your concentration?

I called Fullerton today and they informed me I had been put on the waitlist, which made my heart sink a little, but I still haven't lost hope! They told me it would probably take another 2 weeks to for a decision to be made. Oh grad school application process, you are exhausting. But congrats @bnr717 on the acceptance! That's awesome to hear you got admitted! :) What's your concentration?

Travelinggirl, thank you!  Hopefully you get accepted, what other schools did you apply to? This is definetly more stressful and exhausting than I imagined! I called CSULB and CSULA yesterday to ask aboout my application and they both told me that I would hear from them by the end of this month, that is crazy!  I'm going to send Fullerton my response tomorrow. My concentration is Community Mental Health. 

Travelinggirl, thank you! Hopefully you get accepted, what other schools did you apply to? This is definetly more stressful and exhausting than I imagined! I called CSULB and CSULA yesterday to ask aboout my application and they both told me that I would hear from them by the end of this month, that is crazy! I'm going to send Fullerton my response tomorrow. My concentration is Community Mental Health.

I applied to Csulb and csudh as well. Still waiting to hear from them as well. It definitely is much more exuasting than I thought it would be. Just because of the whole waiting game. But thanks I hope I get into fullerton as well. Hopefully it will take less than 2 weeks to hear back from them! I'll still post when I hear back though!

I applied to Csulb and csudh as well. Still waiting to hear from them as well. It definitely is much more exuasting than I thought it would be. Just because of the whole waiting game. But thanks I hope I get into fullerton as well. Hopefully it will take less than 2 weeks to hear back from them! I'll still post when I hear back though!

Aghh dang spell check...I meant exhausting* lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for those of you already in the MSW program at Fullerton.  What is your schedule like? I know the internship is 16 hours a week, what about class? How many days a week do you attend class and what hours?  I have a 10 month old son, so I'm trying to prepare.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just received an e-mail from CSUF stating that I got admitted! I'm definitely excited since this is one of my top two choices so it definitely relieves some of the pressure while I wait to hear back from other schools. Has anyone else heard back regarding admission/interviews?

I also got admitted! Would you want to start a Facebook page so we can get to know our new cohort?