Emerson Interview

Just checked my credential status on the Emerson portal - found a new credential added called "CD Interview Time" and under comments it gives a date and time at the end of February. Did anyone else get this? For those of you who haven't been to the portal, you can find it here: http://www.emerson.edu/admission/portal

Does anyone know anything about interviews with Emerson? I've researched all I can about Emerson and even visited the campus back in July. I don't remember hearing anything about an interview.

(Also, I'm glad I decided to check my status in the middle of the night because now I don't know if I'll be able to go back to sleep.... haha)

UPDATE: Guess I have poor memory. I just found on their admissions FAQs that: "Highly qualified candidates will be invited to the campus for an interview during the last two weeks of February. Candidates will meet individually with two members of the faculty. On campus interviews are highly encouraged, but Skype interviews are available for those applicants who are unable to travel to campus. Candidates will receive invitations to interview in the first week of February 2014. Interviews will be held February 21-23, 2014." However, I did not receive any email from them so I will call on Monday to see what they say, but it looks like I'm heading up to Boston in a few weeks!

Edited by lisa19

I checked my portal and do not have any new credentials listed. Hopefully there's still a chance that I will be invited for an interview, but I'm feeling more nervous than I did before. All I can do now is remain positive!

lisa19 - I read the CD Admissions FAQ and found the following information: "Highly qualified candidates will be invited to the campus for an interview during the last two weeks of February. Candidates will meet individually with two members of the faculty. On campus interviews are highly encouraged, but Skype interviews are available for those applicants who are unable to travel to campus." However, I could not find the part that stated: "Candidates will receive invitations to interview in the first week of February 2014. Interviews will be held February 21-23, 2014." Where is that information posted?

I checked my portal and do not have any new credentials listed. Hopefully there's still a chance that I will be invited for an interview, but I'm feeling more nervous than I did before. All I can do now is remain positive!

lisa19 - I read the CD Admissions FAQ and found the following information: "Highly qualified candidates will be invited to the campus for an interview during the last two weeks of February. Candidates will meet individually with two members of the faculty. On campus interviews are highly encouraged, but Skype interviews are available for those applicants who are unable to travel to campus." However, I could not find the part that stated: "Candidates will receive invitations to interview in the first week of February 2014. Interviews will be held February 21-23, 2014." Where is that information posted?

I applied pretty early so it's possible they didn't update the portal for everyone yet. Hang in there! And that last line I found here: http://www.emerson.edu/admission/graduate-admission/apply

I just checked my portal, and I see a date & time listed on my page too, but I didn't receive an official invitation either. I'd be super excited if this actually means that I have an interview scheduled with them, but I'm trying not to get too carried away because I don't want to be disappointed later lol.

lisa19 - I think I'm just going to wait and see if I will get an official email invitation. Let us know what they say when you call on Monday!

lisa19 -

Aw it's a bummer that they didn't verify the information over the phone. I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait for the email (I haven't gotten the email either). *sigh* this waiting period is awful!

Is Emerson only starting to do interviews this year?  Looking at the results page for the last couple of years no one seems to mention anything about them.

Yup, this is the first year they are doing interviews. Nerve-racking, because you really don't know what to expect!

Ahhh yes definitely nerve-wracking!  I hope they email everyone regardless of interview/no-interview status just to give some sort of update.  Fingers crossed that that email comes tomorrow, especially since they said they were going to send it out today but didn't get to it.

Just got an email invitation to an interview at Emerson! Really, really excited!! The email is rather plain, just a brief 'congratulations' and an instruction to check the date and time of the interview on their application portal (http://www.emerson.edu/admission/portal). I don't even know how long the interview will be, and the email said they'd be sending out more information closer to the date of the interview. So I guess there's going to be another waiting game until I receive more information, haha. But it definitely feels good!!

Got my email as well - super excited to plan my trip to Boston! Wish we had more details but still really excited. I actually spoke to admissions again today and the guy said I'd be getting a phone call sometime next week with more information and that the CSD department is still updating admissions with more interviewees so if you didn't get one yet there is still hope!!

P.S. Someone please let me know if you find a good deal for hotels in Boston.. not looking to break my wallet haha

Just checked the Emerson portal (like the anxious applicant that I am) and an interview spot had magically appeared for me as well! This is the first ounce of news I have gotten from any grad school since completing my applications so I am very excited.  I also didn't get my spot until today, so if anyone is still waiting, it is true that there is still hope.  :)

I, unfortunately, have nothing under my credentials suggesting an interview. :/ Just curious, did you all apply via the Emerson website or CSDCAS? I'm wondering if that's making a difference. I went through the CSDCAS.

I, unfortunately, have nothing under my credentials suggesting an interview. :/ Just curious, did you all apply via the Emerson website or CSDCAS? I'm wondering if that's making a difference. I went through the CSDCAS.

I applied via the Emerson website.

I applied on CSDCAS. My other schools used CSDCAS too so it didn't make sense for me to do a separate application (though Emerson did state that their application processes faster than CSDCAS application).

I know it's much easier said than done, but try not to stress too much about it. We still have two weeks until the interview weekend! Good luck to you!!

I applied through CSDCAS & after checking my credentials multiple times this week, just saw an interview time. There is definitely still time for yours to show up! Good Luck!!

Hey everyone!  

This is my first time posting, but I found this thread through a web search based on the same question that you guys all apparently had!  I found that I had an interview time listed on my credentials today, but I never received an official email.  I'm guessing I should call them on Monday?

I'm praying this isn't some kind of application system error!  (Leave it to my application-anxiety-induced paranoia to even come up with that kind of idea...)

Thanks! :)

You probably don't have to call them, it seems that most of us who were anxiously checking the portal saw our interviews a day or two before getting an email.  I'm betting you'll get one on Monday afternoon.  And oh my goodness I can only imagine the backlash they would get if the system was glitchy enough to register people for interview slots in error, I'm sure it's the real deal!

I received the email on Friday 2/7 about an interview. And I also applied through CSDCAS. It's definitely nerve-wracking to be in the first round of students to be interviewed at Emerson! I decided to do the interview face-to-face. It will be quite the trip, as I live in Los Angeles. Yay, cold weather! And I second the comment about cheap hotels. Anyone from the Boston area have any good recommendations?

Just got a call from a student ambassador - interview will be 10-15 minutes long and we have a chance to ask questions during our interview so doesn't sound too formal! We will also get a chance to chat with graduate students, tour the clinic, and maybe tour the campus. Good luck everyone!!

I received confirmation a few weeks ago that my interview for Emerson will be this week (Friday at 11:30).  Has anyone gone through the graduate school interview process at any other schools?  I'm wondering what kinds of questions I'll be asked and I'm starting to freak out!