Emerson Interview

I submitted Dec 1st, and Emerson received my materials Dec 9th except for one LOR which they received Jan 5th. So I submitted early, but my application wasn't 'complete' until the deadline, technically, so I have no idea if they looked at my materials before that or not.

I submitted Dec 1st, and Emerson received my materials Dec 9th except for one LOR which they received Jan 5th. So I submitted early, but my application wasn't 'complete' until the deadline, technically, so I have no idea if they looked at my materials before that or not.

Was that LOR one of the 3 required? If it's an extra, it should not matter…

I received an interview time already, and my application wasn't internally filed as complete until Jan 7 because of a GRE score issue. So I'm not sure the date you submitted makes a difference. From looking at last year's data, it does seem like they post the interview times over the course of a week or more. So try not to get too worried if you haven't seen it appear on your portal yet! (I know this is easier said than done.) Also, Emerson is closed again today due to snow, so they may be behind on the processing.

Was that LOR one of the 3 required? If it's an extra, it should not matter…

Yep, it was my 3rd. I was sweating bullets thinking it wouldn't get in on time (although I know that a LOR a day late wouldn't make or break my application)

Do you think location matters? There is no way that I can get to Boston since I live on the west coast, so they would have to do a less advantageous Skype interview with me. Are they scheduling interviews with those who live near Boston first?

To all those anxiously awaiting and constantly checking their portals like I was--I applied through CSDCAS and submitted my application on December 31st. My interview time was posted last night (Sunday), and it is scheduled for 2/22.  

I don't think it's about location because last year people were getting notified regardless of geography. For your own sanity I really would try not to over think it. If you look back though this topic you'll see that people were notified over six days. I'm definitely anxious too but that perspective is a lifesaver!

I just saw that I received a "CD interview time" on the credential page as well. Is this real life? ahah

Does this mean I will have an interview for sure? I don't want to get excited too soon! 

Nothing yet :'(

Got one from BU,not from them

I heard from BU, but I wasn't invited for an interview. Hopefully that means I can get waitlisted later??? They said final decisions come out the first week of march.

If you don't mind me asking just out of curiosity, what were your stats? major, GPA, GRE, ECs? Thanks in advance!!

Has anyone received more details about the Emerson interview weekend or tried to call the school yet? I'm wondering if it will be a whole day event and if I should book a hotel...

From what I heard the actual interview is only 15 minutes, but I think you're there for a little meeting faculty and other students. I doubt the whole thing will take more than 2-3 hours. My interview time is in the middle of the day and I have about a 6 hr drive so I'm getting a hotel.

I received an official invitation via email today. It is pretty short notice... do you think interviewing through skype decreases the chances of admission?

I have been struggling with this as well, but like you said, it is very short notice for booking a flight and hotel less than 2 weeks out. Flights in particular get way more expensive once you pass the 2 week mark. Right now the only flight option even showing up for me is $1656 (I think I laughed out loud at that one). I hope that they will understand this and give Skype interviewees equal consideration. 

I got the official email today as well.

To people worried about Skype interviews... I think they know that meeting people in person will just let them put their best foot forward- who can deny that Skype is always a little awkward, especially for something somewhat high stakes like this. I don't think they'll "count it against you" in the sense that they'll give admission preference to people who choose to interview in person JUST because they could go in person, but they probably know you'll make a better impression than if you did Skype.