Emerson Interview

@Chandru1 and @badgal92

How did you guys get fee waivers? Did you have to apply or were you selected somehow?

I got an email telling me about the fee waiver. I think it was because of my GRE score.

@Chandru1 and @badgal92 

How did you guys get fee waivers? Did you have to apply or were you selected somehow?

I got notified. I think it was because of my gre score as well. But your scores are quite high too, so don't fret. Maybe there's an element of randomness to it as well

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Has anyone been invited to interview at Emerson for Fall 2015 yet?  It's getting pretty close to the stated interview weekend, so I'm getting worried...

Thanks!

I spoke to an admissions person on the phone and she said that they would let us know mid-to-late next week.  :( Cutting it pretty close for those of us out of state...

Thanks for sharing that info! I was thinking they might be a bit behind schedule b/c of the snow-related closings recently, but I was hoping it would be this week. Ah well, at least now I won't be checking my portal incessantly anymore this week.. 

Just a heads up for those not in the Northeast- we are about to get slammed by our third snow event in a couple weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if things are a little delayed (and continue to be delayed) due to that....

Anyways, that's what I keep telling myself as I nervously keep checking the portals.  :wacko:

Hi all,

I checked my portal late last night and found an interview time under "Credential Status" - I submitted on the day before the due date, out of field applicant (neuro major) with no prereqs, GPA 3.61 and GRE 164 V 159 Q 5.0 AW. Hope this helps and good luck to all!

Last year they notified people about interviews over the course of a week, and last week when I called they said we'd hear by late next week. So we've still got time!

(I'm still panicking and checking my portal every five seconds, of course!)

Edited by limegin

For all of those who were invited for an interview, what were your GRE scores/GPA? Thanks!  

Just wanted to offer a positive note here - don't get too obsessed with GPA.  There are some folks on here who quote really high GPA's, but the school you attended matters too!  A C+ average from Harvard would be just fine for many of the top SLP programs.  I'm not trying to tear anybody down, just reminding those who think they have low GPA's that there are lots of other factors at work.

Mine just appeared in credentials for Sunday 2/22! They're rolling them out gradually it seems, nobody panic yet. And I did read somewhere that some people were accepted without interviews, though I don't remember where.

whoever got an interview intimation - did you apply through the Emerson website or through CSDCAS?

From what I've read, they process CSDCAS slightly later than the direct applications, I hope that's why we've not yet heard. :(

To those asking-

Cummulative GPA: 3.98

CSD GPA: 3.99

GRE:

Verbal- 158

Qualitative- 151

Analytical- 4.5

I applied through a priority app Emerson sent me via email.

Edited by brownedj

whoever got an interview intimation - did you apply through the Emerson website or through CSDCAS?

From what I've read, they process CSDCAS slightly later than the direct applications, I hope that's why we've not yet heard. :(

This makes sense! I can now breathe slightly easier.