2014 SLP Admissions Thread

I also got accepted into U of I!! Notified by e-mail! I was not expecting them to notify us so soon!

Congrats sayjo!!

Congrats to you too, SLPamy!! :) It feels good to have one acceptance out of the way, doesn't it?  Now we don't have to worry!

My goodness, that is early! Congratulations you guys! May I ask when their application deadline was?

It was January 15th.  According the results search, they usually notify in late February/ March.

Edited by sayjo

I applied to GWU in the first week of January, which I guess is kinda late considering it's rolling admission. But I just got an email that my application is under review and a decision will be made within 2-4 weeks! Gahh I can't take the waiting hahaha

Congrats, MNIJ! I just got the same email and good news too. :) Mine said it was a provisional acceptance and to contact the department about it. I'm not quite sure what that means yet but it sounded like it may be either because I'm out-of-field or not yet done with my undergrad degree.

Did anyone else get the e-mail from Portland State University right now, see the "CONGRATULATIONS" and automatically think it was a notification of acceptance? In reality, it was just to say they received the application and will notify in mid-to-late March. That was cruel!! Lol

Did anyone else get the e-mail from Portland State University right now, see the "CONGRATULATIONS" and automatically think it was a notification of acceptance? In reality, it was just to say they received the application and will notify in mid-to-late March. That was cruel!! Lol

Haha, my husband got an email, but the congratulations was after the "we have received the application" line so he didn't get too excited. :) Just told me they had emailed him to say they got everything.

I got that email too. I stopped reading after reading "congratulations" and started getting really excited. Talk about anti-climactic!

Dr. Stillman emailed me, and since I'm from out-of-field told me I can start during summer session and have in-state tuition (I'm from NC) for my duration at UT Dallas if I attend. He told me there's no pressure to decide right away though which is really nice.

@Julie722 That is very exciting! Congratulations on your acceptance. I am also applying to UTD, but for some reason my transcript wasn't received until 2 days ago! I'm glad it got in before the deadline though. 

Haha, my husband got an email, but the congratulations was after the "we have received the application" line so he didn't get too excited. :) Just told me they had emailed him to say they got everything.

I just read your "Lurking the SLP boards for my husband, the current grad school applicant!"  

very sweet of you :)

I just read your "Lurking the SLP boards for my husband, the current grad school applicant!" 

very sweet of you :)

Haha, thanks. :) I work a desk job so it's easy for me to summarize "items of interest from TGC" for him, like when interviews and acceptances go out. Plus he's not much for message boards!

I applied to 10 schools   :unsure: , crazy I know. I just wanted to make sure I got in somewhere! I have an undergrad overall GPA of 3.59, CDS gpa of 3.77 and GRE v: (155) q: (152) and w:(4). I hope i get in somewhere! I need peoples opinions! I just found this website and I can't stop looking at everyones stats, Im getting scared! someone give me some sanity.. i got an invite to interview at Case Western Reserve University yesterday so hopefully that is better than nothing!