Loma Linda University Communication Sciences and Disorders

kct

I just received an email saying that I was placed on the "alternate list." I thought my interview went well except that they forgot to turn on the recorder so 2/3 of my interview was not recorded. I hope that didn't have an effect on my chances  :( good luck to everyone else!

I interviewed here. Straight forward. I believe there were around 100 interviews for 22 spots. Hoping to hear something soon.

Oh wow, That's quite a few interviews for not many spots. Good luck to you. My interview was pretty straight forward too, they were really kind.

I just received an email saying that I was placed on the "alternate list." I thought my interview went well except that they forgot to turn on the recorder so 2/3 of my interview was not recorded. I hope that didn't have an effect on my chances  :( good luck to everyone else!

Oh i'm so sorry :( Hopefully that wasn't the case, but I am sure a spot will open up!! Did you interview in person, or via Skype? Mine was Skype - they didn't say they were recording it, I didn't realize they were doing that. Just have to remember a lot of spots open up, so i'm sure you'll move from the wait list! Did you apply other places as well?

I didn't get an e-mail, but the website says I am on the Alternate list as well - and prompts you to do some things to get ready, including submitting a background check.

Oh wow, That's quite a few interviews for not many spots. Good luck to you. My interview was pretty straight forward too, they were really kind.

Oh i'm so sorry :( Hopefully that wasn't the case, but I am sure a spot will open up!! Did you interview in person, or via Skype? Mine was Skype - they didn't say they were recording it, I didn't realize they were doing that. Just have to remember a lot of spots open up, so i'm sure you'll move from the wait list! Did you apply other places as well?

Thanks! I hope so! I read elsewhere that 8 of the 30 spots will be taken up by transitional students, so the available spots are very limited  :unsure:  I had an in person interview. I am currently wait listed at u of pacific and UW too. I just need ONE solid acceptance so that I can breathe!! 

Thanks! I hope so! I read elsewhere that 8 of the 30 spots will be taken up by transitional students, so the available spots are very limited  :unsure:  I had an in person interview. I am currently wait listed at u of pacific and UW too. I just need ONE solid acceptance so that I can breathe!! 

I am hoping so too, that is very limited.. So you received an e-mail from them? I didn't yet, but my status online says i'm on the alternate list, so I did the background check and other things. Are you going to e-mail asking about your spot, etc. Good luck to you, I am sure you'll get an acceptance. Hopefully soon. Any idea how long individuals have to accept/deny from LLU? Wishing you lots of prayer and luck!!! 

I am hoping so too, that is very limited.. So you received an e-mail from them? I didn't yet, but my status online says i'm on the alternate list, so I did the background check and other things. Are you going to e-mail asking about your spot, etc. Good luck to you, I am sure you'll get an acceptance. Hopefully soon. Any idea how long individuals have to accept/deny from LLU? Wishing you lots of prayer and luck!!! 

Thank you and the same to you! Yes, they sent me an email last night with my status along with the instructions for completing all that stuff. I am not sure how long the admitted people have before they have to make a decision. I met quite a lot of people at the interview and from talking to them, most of their "first choices" were their undergrad institutions (mainly CSUs). I don't think the CSU results come out until the end of March or possibly even April so I presume that most of those admitted to LLU won't be able to deny their acceptance until then? Which is such a long wait for us on the alternate list. 

Thank you and the same to you! Yes, they sent me an email last night with my status along with the instructions for completing all that stuff. I am not sure how long the admitted people have before they have to make a decision. I met quite a lot of people at the interview and from talking to them, most of their "first choices" were their undergrad institutions (mainly CSUs). I don't think the CSU results come out until the end of March or possibly even April so I presume that most of those admitted to LLU won't be able to deny their acceptance until then? Which is such a long wait for us on the alternate list. 

Thanks! Okay, I wonder if mine got lost somewhere along the way. That's interesting, maybe there is hope for us, even if it does take a while :) Last year, I was on two wait lists and didn't hear back until near the end of April that they were completely full and not taking any more. We'll see. Best of luck! Time tells all!

Thanks! Okay, I wonder if mine got lost somewhere along the way. That's interesting, maybe there is hope for us, even if it does take a while :) Last year, I was on two wait lists and didn't hear back until near the end of April that they were completely full and not taking any more. We'll see. Best of luck! Time tells all!

I am the same! I didn't get an email, but when I checked online, I saw that it said I have been placed on the Alternate List. I haven't heard of anyone getting accepted or denied so far…so I am almost wondering if maybe everyone's status says that?

Is anyone planning on calling or emailing LLU to confirm? I am curious how many people are on the wait list, and if they will tell us what "number" we are on the list (so we know how likely it is we might get in or not - I know some schools will tell you that you're third on the wait list for example).

Where do you check on the website to see your status?

To check the status, login into LLU student services with your social security number and pin number from when you made your application. 

To check the status, login into LLU student services with your social security number and pin number from when you made your application. 

Oh, this is a new feature. I'm logged in, not sure under what section I should see it. Where exactly do you look? 

Oh, this is a new feature. I'm logged in, not sure under what section I should see it. Where exactly do you look?

So if you go to: https://myllu.llu.edu/home/students/

and where it says Student Services, click LOGIN

then enter your info and login

click Apply for Admission

then click Complete or Update Application

then click Application Status

Hopefully that works for you!

I am the same! I didn't get an email, but when I checked online, I saw that it said I have been placed on the Alternate List. I haven't heard of anyone getting accepted or denied so far…so I am almost wondering if maybe everyone's status says that?

Is anyone planning on calling or emailing LLU to confirm? I am curious how many people are on the wait list, and if they will tell us what "number" we are on the list (so we know how likely it is we might get in or not - I know some schools will tell you that you're third on the wait list for example).

Hmm, interesting. Maybe it is, and then they are sending out from that? Since we didn't get e-mails. I am interested. I was going to wait until I got an actual e-mail to call and see about the wait list and what place on it I am, if they will give that information. I went ahead and did the background check, but there'es nothing else I could do.. What do you think about calling? I am just wondering what is the best way to ask?

Yeah, I am surprised that someone got an email, but we didn't. I might call by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything. I always hate calling though because I don't want to bother them (they probably get a lot of calls/emails asking). I would think that they'd send out acceptances if they already decided who to wait list. Unless everyone that was accepted doesn't use grad cafe! haha

Yeah, I am surprised that someone got an email, but we didn't. I might call by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything. I always hate calling though because I don't want to bother them (they probably get a lot of calls/emails asking). I would think that they'd send out acceptances if they already decided who to wait list. Unless everyone that was accepted doesn't use grad cafe! haha

Yeah, that is weird.. Maybe they are just not done, since LifeJourney hasn't gotten anything yet either. I always feel the same way about calling/e-mailing and don't want to bother but at the same time we need some information! Hopefully they will e-mail us soon one way or another? That's true, maybe they don't use gradcafe lol but I haven't seen or heard any acceptances there either. Ah what a long process!!!

I logged onto Student Services, clicked on Admissions, and there is no information telling me what my status is...

Someone called and was told they were accepted! I saw this on the results portion of grad cafe. They said decisions are being mailed this week. I wonder if we will get something in the mail saying we are on the wait list.

Someone called and was told they were accepted! I saw this on the results portion of grad cafe. They said decisions are being mailed this week. I wonder if we will get something in the mail saying we are on the wait list.

Oh wow, just saw that. Interesting, I hope we receive some kind of notification, that'd be really helpful!! And congrats to them, but seems as if they are unsure if attending, so maybe a spot available too! Ah.. Hope to hear something soon, I keep checking my e-mail. Will probably call end of the week if I don't hear anything! 

Just got the letter today, confirming I am on the wait list. Trying not to be sad, because I know if its meant to be, I will get a spot. Best wishes to everyone and congratulations to any acceptances!

Just got the letter today, confirming I am on the wait list. Trying not to be sad, because I know if its meant to be, I will get a spot. Best wishes to everyone and congratulations to any acceptances!

Way to be positive, wait list is definitely better than denied and i'm sure the list will move. It came in the mail or through e-mail? I have yet to receive anything. I'm praying it moves! how many other schools do you have to hear from? 

It came in the mail. It didn't say anything about if their wait list is numbered/if we can ask. I am also wait listed at San Diego State, and they specifically said not to call ask what position we are on the wait list. I am just wondering when the deadline for people to decide is, so we have an idea of when we might hear about a spot. I still have to hear from 2 more schools, hoping for good news!

It came in the mail. It didn't say anything about if their wait list is numbered/if we can ask. I am also wait listed at San Diego State, and they specifically said not to call ask what position we are on the wait list. I am just wondering when the deadline for people to decide is, so we have an idea of when we might hear about a spot. I still have to hear from 2 more schools, hoping for good news!

Okay. Well if I don't hear something I think I will call Friday, and even if I do I may call - since it didn't say anything about if you can ask. Good luck with the other two schools, and San Diego State. I am sure you will get an acceptance. I'll keep you up to date on what I hear!