USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUDH MSW 2014

Gnessa19

I recieved my acceptance letter to the CSULA 2 year aging & families program yesterday but I don't know if I'll be able to attend because I mistakenly sent a transcript that didn't have my final fall grades on it. So I guess this means that I got into the program but not the university. I'm so angry at myself because this is the only program that has accepted me (still waiting on CSUDH) and I messed it all up. Does anyone know if it will be possible to argue my case with admissions office? I only realized this when I checked the GET website yesterday and it said my application was incomplete because of partial transcripts. Ugh, I wish CSULA would have sent me a reminder or that I had checked the GET website sooner.

Why can't you just send them a transcript with your final grades on it then? I am also provisionally admitted since I just graduated this month and would have to send them (if I was attending CSULA. I have decided to go through with CSUN :)) my final transcripts anyway. 

Hi Guys,

Hope someone is still checking this websit. I need YOUR opinion.

I was accepted by CSUN and CSULA. (I received an acceptance letter from CSULA only last week...) I've never imagined I would be acceptd by both and had no preference of school.

Do you know which MSW program is generally better? I heard overall school quality, CSUN is better but CSULA has longer history of MSW program. I need to make a decision soon but I am in the dark...

Thank you!

I am attending CSUN since they have a generalized focus which is what I prefer! :) Have you accepted with CSUN? If so, have you gone through your field placement interview? I think that's what I like most about CSUN, they do try create a relationship with the student from the get go. 

Why can't you just send them a transcript with your final grades on it then? I am also provisionally admitted since I just graduated this month and would have to send them (if I was attending CSULA. I have decided to go through with CSUN :)) my final transcripts anyway. 

I am attending CSUN since they have a generalized focus which is what I prefer! :) Have you accepted with CSUN? If so, have you gone through your field placement interview? I think that's what I like most about CSUN, they do try create a relationship with the student from the get go. 

Thank you for your comment. I haven't gone to the field placement interview yet. I know both programs are good. I just found this stats. 

http://www.bbs.ca.gov/pdf/exam_stats/lcswbs.pdf

Does this mean CSUN students rarely pass LCSW exam? (it says only 4 students passed.... and 21 CSULA students passed)

Since more people took the test from CSULA, then it automatically means more people WOULD pass (50 people took the test from CSULA compared to only 7 from CSUN) ;P I have seen these stats before as well. Just look at USC's stats. More people took the test but their pass rate is only 51%. Also, I'm not too sure how big the cohorts are at CSULA. With CSUN, they only took 1 out of every 5 applicants. In the end, you have to go to the school that fits your needs. Since CSUN has a more generalized focus to social work, maybe their students were not as inclined to get licensed. if CSULA has a concentration that you are passionate about, then I say go for it! 

Yeah, I called the admissions office and they told me that there was a hold on my account from when I applied as a high school senior. I just have to send in my final transcripts and I should be okay. Phew, I guess I got worried because these MSW programs take forever to tell you if you're in or not. Good luck at CSUN!

I got accepted to both CSUDH and CSULA(FSW).  Im not sure which school to go to, didn't think i would get into both :) .  Any advice, which school would have more to offer as far as program prestige, networking,campus life, and overall better opportunities??

accepted:CSUDH, CSULA(off wait-list)

wait-listed:CSULB, CSULA

Edited by Cozey

I got accepted to both CSUDH and CSULA(FSW).  Im not sure which school to go to, didn't think i would get into both :) .  Any advice, which school would have more to offer as far as program prestige, networking,campus life, and overall better opportunities??

accepted:CSUDH, CSULA(off wait-list)

wait-listed:CSULB, CSULA

Quick question: When did you apply to csudh?

Hi Cozey -

Congrats!

How did Csudh notify u that u were accepted? Email or regular mail? Did your status change online? Mine has just been showing as "sent for department review" for months now. Thanks!

Edited by me+gradschool=?

Hi Cozey -

Congrats!

How did Csudh notify u that u were accepted? Email or regular mail? Did your status change online? Mine has just been showing as "sent for department review" for months now. Thanks!

Thanx! I was notified by US Mail.  My status online is still the same  "sent for department review" also.

Well, I was rejected from CSULA :/ oh well. At least I'm not waiting anymore for them. 

U still have LB and DH...Good luck! :D

Edited by Cozey

• 4 weeks later...

got in yesterday to USC MSW program on main campus downtown.... I applied just before February 15 deadline.... initially was on priority wait list which I found out  in end of April....A week later, got a call offering me a seat in OC or san diego but was not interested.Only 5k scholarship but i think I'm going...only school i applied to, and what i want to do...

Edited by grantz1127