USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUDH MSW 2014

Gnessa19

I'm really sorry to hear that, but don't give up hope, stay positive :) if you don't mind me asking did they notify you by mail or email? I'm still waiting for my decision for both CSULA and CSUDH, which I applied to in November (here it is almost March lol) ..

thanks!!! im trying my best to stay positive.. kinda made me wanna cry **tear** lol i will get over it though... I was notified via mail. They mailed me out a letter...  I'm still waiting to hear from csudh too... good luck tho!! I hope you get in

CSUN has been sending out a lot of acceptance letters. Most have been interviewed prior to that. I am confused as to what their process is. Does no interview request mean no interest? Did anyone get accepted to CSUN w/o an interview? Or did anyone get interviewed then rejected? Please share.

Turn up the anxiety guys because  I have some knowledge to drop about UCLA.

Just got off the phone with Lance and after a couple of questions...

he told me that of the 550 applicants that applied for an MSW, theyre almost done reviewing everyone and almost every admissions decision should be out in 10-15 days...

Applied: USC, UCLA, CSULA, CSULB

Accepted: USC (4/10)

Denied:

Going: 

Edited by lber

CSUN the interview is part of their admission process. The applicants that make it past the first stage are invited for interviews, then applicants are accepted after the interview or denied. I think if you make it to the interview stage you have a high chance of getting in :)

CSUN the interview is part of their admission process. The applicants that make it past the first stage are invited for interviews, then applicants are accepted after the interview or denied. I think if you make it to the interview stage you have a high chance of getting in :)

Is this a fact or an assumption? CSUN never stated that an interview is part of their admission process in their application. Was anyone accepted to CSUN without an interview?

Turn up the anxiety guys because  I have some knowledge to drop about UCLA.

Just got off the phone with Lance and after a couple of questions...

he told me that of the 550 applicants that applied for an MSW, theyre almost done reviewing everyone and almost every admissions decision should be out in 10-15 days...

Applied: USC, UCLA, CSULA, CSULB

Accepted: USC (4/10)

Denied:

Going: 

hahaha im so nervous I just saw this thread trying to get info on my app status and I see this. 

Is this a fact or an assumption? CSUN never stated that an interview is part of their admission process in their application. Was anyone accepted to CSUN without an interview?

I found it under "Application Instructions 2014" pdf document that I downloaded off of the CSUN MSW website. There's a section under "Interviews" that says "Applicants who are chosen to advance to the second phase of the admission process may be scheduled to participate in a group interview. Applicants will be notified by email indicating the date, time, and location of the interview." This may only be for on-campus, I'm not sure if you applied to on or off campus. Hope this helps!

Hey guys I have a little favor to ask of one of you.. Can someone call UCLA and ask if they're going to be sending out admissions notices by email or by letters? I may have bothered lance too much but really want to know the answer to this question..

This week could be the week!

Hi everyone 

Has anyone heard from CSULB or DH? 

Also, did anyone get interviewed for CSULA, LB, or DH? 

I have only gotten email notifications that my application is still pending :/ 

A woman at csula, rather rudely I might add, told me that I wouldn't hear back until May... I graduate May 3rd -_-

It seems that CSULA has rude people in general working their offices (or its a hit or miss too). I graduated with my BA there last year and I had to deal with some rude staff :/

I just need to know if I'll be attending a grad school so I can move on with my life and get a job with my bachelors. UGH!!!  :wacko:

I remember you said that you interviewed for CSUN, did you hear back from them about acceptance? :) Btw, the great thing about Cal state schools is that they DO offer state university grants to cover the tuition if you qualify! all you need to do is fill out the fafsa by march 1. No other universities in california (including UC's) offer grants through the state or federal, so its great that the cal states offer that! :)

Still no word from CSUN :(  I interviewed on 2/10. I thought I did okay, but maybe my nerves got the best of me. I would also love to attend CSUN since I'm doing my undergrad there (or here since I'm at school right now haha  :P) I'm still waiting on CSULA as well. 

I got the same email. It's an email from the general CSULB admissions for the University I think... Since it's signed by enrollment services.

How was the interview process for CSUN? are the questions intimidating? I noticed there is a writing assignment as well, any feedback would be awesome! :)

I just got an email from USC today telling me that I got waitlisted (yay?). Hopefully someone decides not to go so I can! 

I'm still waiting on UCLA and CSULA. The wait is killing me x.x