Anyone else stranded this interview weekend?

aba1984

If you're one of the 4,000 cancelled flights that has an interview weekend coming up in two days, how are you going about it? I feel so bad that I will have to ask about being moved to the very last interview weekend when most others will already have their acceptances by then. So jealous of the people who will be able to go and I will be left behind. :(

I'm heading out of Baltimore to Miami. American Airlines is delusional thinking Id be leaving, that's if I can even get to the airport. My flight is 11pm BWI . I took precautions and contacted the program admin (today) who I have been in contact with and let him know of possible complications and essentially I may not make it. He said they would make every effort to get me there another weekend, or even schedule another weekend that is off the interview schedule. ( downside to not making it there this weekend is all the awesome people I wanted to meet !)..... Good luck all this week

I was lucky enough to get a flight into Atlanta through Delta early in the morning on Thursday (after having a cancelled flight rescheduled), hopefully the storm is out of there by then and conditions are safe enough for a landing. Also, the roads will be icy and snowy... so I'm really unsure if I'll be able to get a shuttle to take me to Athens. 

The worst case scenario is that my flight gets cancelled or delayed again and I don't get into the airport in Atlanta until midnight. I spoke with a professor at UGA who said they might be able to buy a hotel room nearby the airport for the night and I could catch the earliest shuttle the next morning and not miss orientation. If you get stuck at an airport, my suggestion would be to call the admissions coordinator and see if they can accommodate you for the next day.

I was lucky enough to get a flight into Atlanta through Delta early in the morning on Thursday (after having a cancelled flight rescheduled), hopefully the storm is out of there by then and conditions are safe enough for a landing. Also, the roads will be icy and snowy... so I'm really unsure if I'll be able to get a shuttle to take me to Athens. 

The worst case scenario is that my flight gets cancelled or delayed again and I don't get into the airport in Atlanta until midnight. I spoke with a professor at UGA who said they might be able to buy a hotel room nearby the airport for the night and I could catch the earliest shuttle the next morning and not miss orientation. If you get stuck at an airport, my suggestion would be to call the admissions coordinator and see if they can accommodate you for the next day.

It's quite a long drive. You're gonna have a ton of traffic lights once you get out of Atlanta...good luck.

It's quite a long drive. You're gonna have a ton of traffic lights once you get out of Atlanta...good luck.

Thanks, my hope is that people actually heed the warnings of ice on the road on Wednesday, so cars aren't abandoned on the freeway on Thursday lol.... either way, my gut tells me it's gonna be a longer trip than expected  :unsure:

My flight was cancelled from the west coast because the flight crew didn't make it due to storm on east coast. sigh. Now i'm not leaving until 5 pm (pacific) and arriving at Detroit at 9:45 am, which is 15 minutes before my first interview. I'm assuming the grad secretaries will completely rearrange my schedule on Friday, but damn this sucks!

UGHH I want to go to U Mich sooooo bad.  I hope I can somehow run on adrenaline and kick ass at my interviews.

Wait, you leave at 5pm and arrive at 9:45 am? 16 hours later?

3 hours time difference. unfortunately an extra flight was added in (with longer layovers) and it's going to take me 13 hours to get there instead of 10 from before.

My flight was cancelled from the west coast because the flight crew didn't make it due to storm on east coast. sigh. Now i'm not leaving until 5 pm (pacific) and arriving at Detroit at 9:45 am, which is 15 minutes before my first interview. I'm assuming the grad secretaries will completely rearrange my schedule on Friday, but damn this sucks!

UGHH I want to go to U Mich sooooo bad.  I hope I can somehow run on adrenaline and kick ass at my interviews.

Good Luck at your interview!!!!

Flying from NYC to UCONN with a DC layover. Looks like that's not gonna happen, from the looks of it. Will call airline tomorrow evening.

My flight for UCONN today just got cancelled. They are setting up skype interviews for everyone. I am not thrilled... :/

UGHH my flight got cancelled again!! This time due to mechanical error from the plane hitting a bird with it's propeller! The airport I fly out of is ridiculously small with only 1 airline carrier. They had to wait 5+ hours for a mechanic to come fix the plane.

No flights to detroit tomorrow and so can't make it to interview weekend at all. Hopefully we can reschedule my interview for next week. So sad.  <_< 

@microarray that's such a bummer! I hope you get to reschedule soon.

Thanks! rescheduled for M-W. I get one less day to meet with people (takes a full day to fly there), but that's ok! At least I get to go and meet the people I might spend the next 5-6 years with!