What will April 15 be like?

Guest guest a la mode

Guest guest a la mode

I have been admitted to one really good school (school #1) and I'm waitlisted at a great school (school #2). I told them at the school #2 that I got into another program and therefore need an answer by April 15. They told me this wouldn't be a problem, that they'd answer me by the deadline.

Alas, it is 7pm on April 14 and they still have not given me an answer. Should I expect that they will call tomorrow to tell me one way or another?

Futhermore, is April 15 going to be a crazy day for grad school admissions and will people really be working behind the scenes on all this, esp. given that it's a holiday weekend?

And should I just accept at the really good school and if the great school offers me a spot in 10 days, then try to get out of my commitment to school #1?

What should those of us waiting expect on April 15?

Thanks for any thoughts on this topic!

Guest guest a la mode

I am now answering my own question, just FYI:

School #2 did finally contact me via e-mail at 9pm EST to tell me that they do not have a spot for me. Both the department and graduate admissions e-mailed simultaneously (automated?) but anyway, I guess people are working on this!

So I am headed to school #1. Awesome.

I love that the long wait is now over and the uncertainty is behind me. I did my apps in October/November so this wait has felt especially long.

Best wishes to all of you.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use