Has anyone applied to the HCOP internship program at NYU?

Hi! I'm an NYU undergrad and I know it is very competitive, especially recently since the medical center was damaged during hurricane sandy. I do know people who have gotten in, but I also know others, like myself, who did not get in. It's definitely worth applying to though - I've heard it's an amazing experience.

Hi! I'm an NYU undergrad and I know it is very competitive, especially recently since the medical center was damaged during hurricane sandy. I do know people who have gotten in, but I also know others, like myself, who did not get in. It's definitely worth applying to though - I've heard it's an amazing experience.

Do you know the GPA and/or experience the people who got in had?

Sorry I don't know specifics - but all people I know who applied had good GPAs and good experience, whether or not they got accepted. The program is known to be very competitive, so I'm sure they can't accept all qualified applicants.

Hi everyone! I applied and participated in the HCOP program last summer at NYU. The deadline for submitting the app is mid February and you hear around March if not sooner.

The program is DEF very competitive and so you need to have an outstanding app and essays to get in. You need a GPA of around 3.5 and its important to get a strong letter of recommendation. I also suggest that you get in your app as soon as possible as the acceptance to the program is first come, first served.

The program admits about 25 students. Its a great experience, but taken seriously. I had the best time last summer. I interned in the outpatient center for SLP and I learned so much. I also learned a whole lot about becoming and being in the medical health field of professions.

Good luck to those applying! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Hi everyone! I applied and participated in the HCOP program last summer at NYU. The deadline for submitting the app is mid February and you hear around March if not sooner.

The program is DEF very competitive and so you need to have an outstanding app and essays to get in. You need a GPA of around 3.5 and its important to get a strong letter of recommendation. I also suggest that you get in your app as soon as possible as the acceptance to the program is first come, first served.

The program admits about 25 students. Its a great experience, but taken seriously. I had the best time last summer. I interned in the outpatient center for SLP and I learned so much. I also learned a whole lot about becoming and being in the medical health field of professions.

Good luck to those applying! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Hey! I have a ton of questions.

Was there housing provided? If so was it like a dorm? How long was a typical day? Did you get a letter of rec at the end? 

How many Letters of Rec did you have for your application?

Thanks for your help!