Joining Princeton Chemistry Graduate Program 2014

ayankgp

Hello all !!

I am joining Princeton Chemistry for my Graduate studies for Fall 2014. I am an international student. Others who are joining Princeton or accepted at Princeton, could you people please post your credentials and other acceptances? What do you think of Princeton as a place to live in during graduate studies?

My stats: CGPA 3.69/4.00

Chem GRE: 870/91

GRE: 170(q) 160(v) 4.0(awa)

2 yrs of undergrad research, no pubs

Hey! I'm thinking about accepting the offer from Princeton soon.

I've been talking to a few people about graduate life at Princeton and I have decided to go for graduate housing for at least my first year. From just looking at the prices on the internet, it is definitely cheaper unless you have a roommate.

Edited by MetalChemEnthusiast

I did an REU at Princeton a couple of years ago and was waitlisted for their program. I'm no expert on their grad program, but the campus was absolutely beautiful, and all the profs I met were rather nice. There were also several different places: dorms, apts, etc for grads to live, and a Walmart shuttle on the weekends.

I look forward to visiting again.

Hey! I'm thinking about accepting the offer from Princeton soon.

I've been talking to a few people about graduate life at Princeton and I have decided to go for graduate housing for at least my first year. From just looking at the prices on the internet, it is definitely cheaper unless you have a roommate.

Yes I am considering graduate housing and taking a meal plan too! I hear most people at Princeton stay on campus. What do you think is a better housing option, apartment or dorms? The annex also sounds great!

Yes I am considering graduate housing and taking a meal plan too! I hear most people at Princeton stay on campus. What do you think is a better housing option, apartment or dorms? The annex also sounds great!

I'm not sure. I'll be visiting Feb 27th and we're supposed to get a tour of graduate housing. I'm actually trying to get into Lawrence complex if possible just because of the cost. I hear it's difficult to get as a first year.

Are you planning on visiting? If you can't make it, I'll let you know how they are once I get back.

Congrats on all your acceptances and your decision!!!

Are you planning on visiting? If you can't make it, I'll let you know how they are once I get back.

I am an international student and won't be able to visit. I am confused a bit regarding housing. I think the Graduate School is cheaper, however it's dorm-styled. The annex sounds better. I am not sure about the cost of the apartments/townhouses. The apartments will be a good choice if it comes at a moderate cost.

Here's a useful thread regarding living in Princeton: if you would like to read about it. Let me know if you have any useful info after you visit Princeton. 

Thanks a lot!!!  :D  :lol:

@MetalChemEnthusiast: What is your concentration area within Chemistry? Also, are you from the U.S. or an international student?

I'm an international student but I've been in the US for a while. I plan on being in the organic division.

Thanks for the link. I was looking at it earlier and honestly, it's hard to judge unless you're there in person. I'll try my best to describe it to you once I get back.

I'm an international student but I've been in the US for a while. I plan on being in the organic division.

Thanks for the link. I was looking at it earlier and honestly, it's hard to judge unless you're there in person. I'll try my best to describe it to you once I get back.

Ha! I'm also an international student but I've been in the US for QUITE A WHILE!!!! Looking forward to next week!! I also want to figure out housing during that visit. They seem to give several options, so I want to make sure to choose the best one for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The visit was awesome! I got to room with another theoretical/physical incoming grad student and he loves it too.

For my budget, I decided on either old/new GC or Lawrence studio. I hear Lawrence apts are hard to get just because we don't have the priority. I toured both places and everything looks pretty nice. GC is pretty much a dorm.

Let me know if you have more specific questions!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...