NYC Programs

Jjjjjbird

I applied to NYU, Columbia, Fordham, and Hunter and haven't heard from any of them yet! Is anyone else in the same boat? I know Hunter has started interviewing, but I wasn't expecting to be in their first round - I'm a little light on experience in the field. I was hoping to hear something from someone at this point though! My apps were all complete by late November. The waiting is killerrrrrrr

I had my interview with Columbia, and told the results would come out after March 1st. Heard nothing from NYU though...

I didn't even realize Columbia interviewed! Is it the same deal as Hunter, where every accepted student has an interview?

Edited by Jhopes

I didn't even realize Columbia interviewed! Is it the same deal as Hunter, where every accepted student has an interview?

I think she meant by talking to them. There is no interview for Columbia.

I did have an interview, maybe because I'm an international student?

Ah, well good luck to you guys! I hope you all get accepted to your top choice programs (for me, it's Hunter). NYU is too expensive for me, but I hear they give generous tuition breaks. If I get accepted to both programs (fingers crossed), it might come down to cost of tuition as an out-of-state student. Why does New York have to be so expensive?  :unsure:

Ah, well good luck to you guys! I hope you all get accepted to your top choice programs (for me, it's Hunter). NYU is too expensive for me, but I hear they give generous tuition breaks. If I get accepted to both programs (fingers crossed), it might come down to cost of tuition as an out-of-state student. Why does New York have to be so expensive?  :unsure:

From the research I've done, they only give about 10 grand for grants but thats nothing compared to their tuition cost which comes up to about 90-100 grand for a two year MSW program (Columbia). 

Does Columbia have tuition forgiveness programs for MSW students who come from low-income families? 

Edited by Jordanna