NYC Programs

Jjjjjbird

I am also waiting for responses from schools and toiling in uncertainty.

I only applied to Fordham and Hunter.
Submitted both 2/1
It took Fordham until the 20th to link my transcript (though they received it 2/1) and I had my interview for Hunter on 2/24...

What time of day does Fordham send out responses? I can't stop checking my internets...help

I'm going to call Fordham and NYU. I can't wait any longer!

Edit:

Fordham says: You should hear by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

NYU says: You'll hear sometime in mid to late March. Why so late, NYU? Because they've had a "backup" of applications. There's been "a lot of them." Cutting it a little close, my friends. Might it have something to do with your portal system always being down?

Edited by Lifesaver

Edit:

Fordham says: You should hear by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

NYU says: You'll hear sometime in mid to late March. Why so late, NYU? Because they've had a "backup" of applications. There's been "a lot of them." Cutting it a little close, my friends. Might it have something to do with your portal system always being down?

Thanks, Lifesaver.  End of March?  Super frustrating

Being an NYC native, my family was pulling for Fordham or NYU. Even if I get in, it will be so late in the game that I'm not even going to entertain it. It's a shame, cause I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

Edit:

Has anyone heard from Fordham who applied around the February 1st deadline?? I called them again today and they told me decisions would be sent out this week, but it's already so late. So. Frustrated. 

:unsure:

Has anyone heard from Fordham who applied around the February 1st deadline?? I called them again today and they told me decisions would be sent out this week, but it's already so late. So. Frustrated.

I heard from Fordham on March 1st and another girl I know heard back on the 6th. We both applied to the online program, I don't know if that makes a difference. Good luck! Edited by JMM1020

I haven't heard but I applied riiiight on the deadline so I'm hoping later this week...

I haven't heard either Jhopes, applied in January to the 32 month program. Haven't come across anyone else who has heard except the one you mentioned. Hopefully they'll send information out to more people soon! Good luck!

I haven't Heard Jhopes, i applied in November for the 2-year program! Im going crazy! Its my top choice too, have to decide with Fordham by next week and hoping to hear before then! NYU your killin me!

Funny how Fordham is making you decide, yet I haven't even heard back from them yet. NYU told me on the phone last week that it will be mid-late March when decisions are sent out. The NYC schools just can't get it together, it seems. I heard back from the rest of the schools I applied to months ago!

The only one that isn't driving me up a wall is Columbia.... I only applied in NYC and I feel like the app to decision windows are so much larger than elsewhere. I understand that they probably have more applications to go through, plus people flood these schools with applications when they have zero intentions of attending. I know four people who applied to NYU "just to see" and/or for bragging rights. Maybe they'd benefit from earlier deadlines if the app pools are so large? Getting decisions back so late is rough on people who have to make fin. aid decisions and put deposits down  :unsure:

Edited by ssllove