Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

This thread is making the prospect of rejection a little easier to handle. At the very least, I can make the rest of you laugh if/when I get rejected.

Same here! I am already formulating my brilliant rejection response  :D

Ok, there was one (not going to try to find it) that said, after an acceptance, something like,

"I saw a moose today and took it as a good omen. It was."

And then someone afterwards who was rejected, something like:

"Did not see a moose."

LOL.

This is why I love the internet...

Ok, there was one (not going to try to find it) that said, after an acceptance, something like,

"I saw a moose today and took it as a good omen. It was."

And then someone afterwards who was rejected, something like:

"Did not see a moose."

LOL.

Laugh rule upvote XD

I wanted to post the following to the results page but discovered that lengthy notes are moderated. Nuts!

Highest weighted and unweighted GPA in the history of mankind. Perfect GRE scores, including for subject GREs both inside and outside of my field (just for fun). Exceptional LORs from the most acclaimed professors in the entire universe (3 from Earth and 1 not of this planet). A bajillion published first-author papers, short stories, full-length novels, and a zillion forthcoming. Volunteer experience out the wazoo. Hardly surprised. I knew 100% I wasn’t going to be accepted but applied anyway just to have options. Had I been accepted, I wouldn’t have chosen to go here fo’ sho’ as it would have been a TERRIBLE fit. In any case, I got way better offers (six-figure guaranteed scholarships + health insurance + deluxe flex meal plan + reserved parking spot) from every top-ranked school in the galaxy, including ones I didn’t even apply to, along with very personalized congratulatory hand-written letters from all the faculty and their immediate and extended family members, plus gold-leaf-framed oil paintings of their pets to boot.

Beauxbatons Academy Of Magic Potions, Masters (F14) Wait listed via E-mail on 26 Feb 2014 A 26 Feb 2014
  • I hope I get a spot. If any of you got in and aren't planning on going, let them know.

Just saw this gem today. Love it.

I want to go to Beauxbatons, although my preferred major would be transfiguration, not potions.

I wanted to go to Hogwarts, but I missed the application deadline, and apparently I'm double the age cutoff. I'll wait until they open up a program with a higher cutoff, if muggle grad school doesn't work out.

My secret dream when creating this thread was that all future rejection comments would be Harry Potter related. Will you be helping me reach that dream?

You posted that Beauxbatons result, didn't you?

As a fantasy genre-lover, I freely admit that I would also appreciate it if this thread devolved into a Harry Potter discussion hole. It's gotta be better than dealing with the stress of waiting for acceptance/rejection letters.

Actually, screw just talking about it. I'm going to take a few hours and reread one of the books. That's gotta be the best way to get my mind off things. :D

Edited by Kaitri

"Dear [firstName lastName], Oops, you didn't get in! We're just so popular! But f* you very much for applying. :D, Madison"

I think I love this simply because a number of applicants got "[firstName lastName]" 

Edited by Dankar1208

You posted that Beauxbatons result, didn't you?

As a fantasy genre-lover, I freely admit that I would also appreciate it if this thread devolved into a Harry Potter discussion hole. It's gotta be better than dealing with the stress of waiting for acceptance/rejection letters.

Actually, screw just talking about it. I'm going to take a few hours and reread one of the books. That's gotta be the best way to get my mind off things. :D

I would, but Harry Potter gets more acceptance letters than anyone, and he didn't even apply.

27 Feb 2014

• report spam
  • LOL that Harvard considers applicants' marital & parental status to determine relative commitment to the program. Sounds like another method one of the world's leading proponents of neo-liberalism uses to ensure its cohorts remain decidedly bourgeois.

I wanted to post the following to the results page but discovered that lengthy notes are moderated. Nuts!

Highest weighted and unweighted GPA in the history of mankind. Perfect GRE scores, including for subject GREs both inside and outside of my field (just for fun). Exceptional LORs from the most acclaimed professors in the entire universe (3 from Earth and 1 not of this planet). A bajillion published first-author papers, short stories, full-length novels, and a zillion forthcoming. Volunteer experience out the wazoo. Hardly surprised. I knew 100% I wasn’t going to be accepted but applied anyway just to have options. Had I been accepted, I wouldn’t have chosen to go here fo’ sho’ as it would have been a TERRIBLE fit. In any case, I got way better offers (six-figure guaranteed scholarships + health insurance + deluxe flex meal plan + reserved parking spot) from every top-ranked school in the galaxy, including ones I didn’t even apply to, along with very personalized congratulatory hand-written letters from all the faculty and their immediate and extended family members, plus gold-leaf-framed oil paintings of their pets to boot.

***standing ovation***

Seriously, I laughed my butt off! =)

Edited by ballerina18

I think I love this simply because a number of applicants got "[firstName lastName]" 

The first time I saw this, I cackled and said to one of my friends that someone is really bad at Microsoft mail merge!

I would, but Harry Potter gets more acceptance letters than anyone, and he didn't even apply.

Crying. 

Now if only I could be like Hermione and have an owl with a letter from a top school for which I didn't even know I was qualified show up and tell me how much they wanted me. Someday my owl will come.

another gem

• I wanted to pahk my cah at Hahvad Yahd. Oh well.

• I will diminish, and go into the West.

and i have a semi-random question: I keep seeing people write some variation of #a/#r/#w in the notes. What on earth does that mean?

Edited by bre333

another gem

and i have a semi-random question: I keep seeing people write some variation of #a/#r/#w in the notes. What on earth does that mean?

Number of acceptances, rejections and waitlists, respectively.

Edited by Kleene