Dual Credit...

Between Fields

So, being the precocious individual I was (and I think most people wanting an advanced degree can relate to that), I took a number of dual-credit courses in high school. They are all clearly reflected on my BA and MA transcripts. Most universities didn't care and I've even been accepted just on the scanned official transcript the application requested. Two institutions, though, a few weeks ago, wanted paper transcripts from those two universities sent before they'd send my file for review. I just got an email today that one file had finally been cleared for review... three weeks after the funding deadline. So, I'm freaking out (understandably), even though I'd sent unofficial transcripts to the program itself, along with all of my other materials, and had positive interactions with the DGS.

So, the lesson I've learned is that none of my children will ever take dual credit courses. I would have saved so much headache (and after ordering all of these transcripts probably money, too) by just getting everything done at my undergraduate institution.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

If your applications stated that they wanted official transcripts from all colleges/universities, you should have submitted those dual credit transcripts with your regular ones. I took numerous dual-credit courses, submitted those transcripts with my 4-yr university transcripts, and had no problems. I think it's extreme to say that your children won't take any dual credit courses, when the solution is as simple as submitting a transcript, especially when there's probably more gained from taking those courses than lost.

Rhetoricians do love hyperbole. That view also has something to do with teaching first-year composition and realizing how disadvantaged students are who skip out on it, later in their university career.

But on the other point, no, that wasn't laid out clearly in their directions. It's frustrating.

Rhetoricians do love hyperbole. That view also has something to do with teaching first-year composition and realizing how disadvantaged students are who skip out on it, later in their university career.

But on the other point, no, that wasn't laid out clearly in their directions. It's frustrating.

Well, if it wasn't laid out in the instruction, that sucks. You should email the appropriate people in charge of graduate admissions and funding, and ask if you are still being considered.

Wait, this is a problem? I did that sort of thing in high school (credits from a community college) and all the schools I applied to were happy with the college's transcript.