SJSU MSW Fall 2014

LAKingsMaverick

@amy1

How did you accept your offer? i simply emailed Barry Goldman-Hall back accepting my admission to SJSU...

I have a mandatory MSW "Field Fair" on Thurs. May 29th...

Good Luck to everyone else waiting as well...

I meant that I emailed Barry Goldman-Hall back, I had previously asked for an extension. I asked about the field fair and he said it was optional, but maybe he just told me that because I'm currently living abroad. Looking forward to meeting you in the fall!

I recall reading on an SJSU-related page that they could notify us as late as June, so perhaps a significant lapse of time is normal...Though really inconvenient and a bit frustrating.

"Dear SJSU MSW Incoming Full-Time Students,

If you are receiving this email it means that you are one of a select group of applicants to our MSW Program who has been accepted and confirmed your intent to enroll with us in the Fall, congratulations!  As a graduate student entering our full-time program you will have your first internship in the Fall. This year a Field Fair has been scheduled for you on Thursday May 29th from 10:00 AM-noon.  Below is the announcement of this first time event from Dr. Jacky Bloom our Director of Field Education.  Please direct any questions about this event to Dr. Bloom.

Important field information for two year (full-time) students:

There will be a field fair on May 29th from 10 am to noon. The field fair will be held in the ballroom of the Student Union. Attendance is required. The field fair provides an opportunity to meet Intern Coordinators and Field Instructors. It is an important activity for gathering information about first year agencies and internships. Please bring resumes to give to Field Instructors and the Field Education Team. At the conclusion of the fair you will submit your top agency interests to the field team along with your resume. Refreshments will be provided at the fair. 

After the field fair there will be an information session where the field office team will answer questions about internships. More information about the field fair and information session will be sent to you next month. You will receive the first year field application shortly. "

@amy1 can you please send me a private mssg to exchange emails to stay in touch and network =) I am unable to send you a mssg, for some reason the site freezes up on me =/. I'll keep you updated after I attend the field fair..I guess if you live away (abroad) it isn't mandatory as you were told.

I didn't get in. Dr Foldman notified me of that today after sending him an email! Well best of luck to all of you. It was a pleasure discussing admissions on this thread. :)

The email makes it sound as if there will be another field fair day for another set of group of students...

"If you are receiving this email it means that you are one of a select group of applicants to our MSW Program..."

Lets not lose hope! Wish you all waiting for a response, the best of luck to get in as well.

I didn't get in. Dr Foldman notified me of that today after sending him an email! Well best of luck to all of you. It was a pleasure discussing admissions on this thread. :)

Me either. "I lacked social work experiences..." Yet, I got into all the other schools. Oh well. No need to plan for SJSU now. 

I hope you have other schools too!

• 2 weeks later...

I've still not received a notification as to whether or not I have been admitted. My guess is, like some of you who were waiting for an extended period of time, I have not been admitted this fall. Anyway--Is anybody still waiting for a response?

• 2 months later...

Did anyone in the MSW program at SJSU, receive an ADD CODE for a practicuum/internship spot?

I had received an email that sometime in late July, we would be emailed add codes/sections to add to our current schedule...