Sonny

Greetings! I am an incoming Ph.D. student from the Philippines and will be going to Indiana University Bloomington! I was awarded a Fulbright grant and because of this, IIE-Fulbright was the one that sent my application to 5 US universities. I was admitted to Indiana U, U Minnesota, U Maryland and U Georgia.

My dossier was also sent to UCLA but what was strange is that Fulbright told me that in UCLA's case, my status was "no response." I really don't know the meaning of this. I would rather get a "rejection" rather than a "no response." I am extremely disappointed with the Department and it shows their sense of professionalism. What do you guys think?

Guest NotReadyToHangMyself:)

Did you try calling/emailing the school? I've never heard of such thing. My application at my dream school is still "ready for review", the fuckers haven't even gotten to it yet and now it's easter break and they get a 4 day weekend. I guess we're in the same boat, sort of.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

Did you try calling/emailing the school? I've never heard of such thing. My application at my dream school is still "ready for review", the fuckers haven't even gotten to it yet and now it's easter break and they get a 4 day weekend. I guess we're in the same boat, sort of.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

Greetings! It really won't bother me much whatever the final decision of UCLA since I will be going to Indiana University which I think is the institution that best suits me. Initially, UCLA was my top choice (not really my dream school) coz of the faculty member whom I wanted to work with. But now, I am extremely disappointed with the Dep't and am glad I am not going there. Out of curiosity about the final status of my application, I tried emailing the grad secretary but I only got an automatic response. Deep inside, I would like to think that I got admitted in all 5 universities that I was applied to (by the institution handling my scholarship grant).

Last year (before I received the scholarship grant), I tried applying to another UC school and was again disappointed with the admission process and lack of response from administrative personnel regarding inquiries.

In the end, I am happy with my decision of choosing IUB over other universities that admitted me. The Department in IUB seems dynamic and I have several faculty members to work with.

Where are you applying? What degree/major? I wish you all the best. Have you contacted the faculty member you want to work with?

-Sonny

Guest NotReadyToHangMyself:)

I am applying for a Master of Arts in Economics. Applied only to Canadian schools. No advisor yet, I'll get assigned one if I get accepted - it's just an MA paper anyway so it isn't a big deal. I am kind of paranoid at this point so I won't reveal which schools I applied to until I get my decision. :)

I am very happy for you getting the school you want! As an aside, I met a ton of people from the Phillipines. Their girls are hot. Heh. :twisted: Good luck with your endeavors! 8)

I am applying for a Master of Arts in Economics. Applied only to Canadian schools. No advisor yet, I'll get assigned one if I get accepted - it's just an MA paper anyway so it isn't a big deal. I am kind of paranoid at this point so I won't reveal which schools I applied to until I get my decision. :)

I am very happy for you getting the school you want! As an aside, I met a ton of people from the Phillipines. Their girls are hot. Heh. :twisted: Good luck with your endeavors! 8)

Good luck to you! I just hope the application/admission process be "demystified." It is much more difficult for international students to get in since academic requirements are much higher compared to "natives."

Hahaha..yeah..we got the prettiest girls in the planet. :) Where did you meet them?