Anyone willing to critique my SOP?

Hi all,

I am new to the forum! Just a brief intro; I am a 20 year old Pakistani (female) currently enrolled in the final year of BS Computer Science degree program. I am analysing my options for a masters abroad. The fields I will be targeting are Computer Sciences and Cognitive Sciences.

I have a GPA of 3.84 (4.00) and belong to the top 1% of my department (actually I am the topper). I recently took the test (for the 1st time) and got a score of 163 Q and 155 V. Not really satisfied!

I had troubles preparing for the verbal as I am not a native English speaker. But I am still shocked as my English skills are actually very good or I thought! I am going to take TOEFL this week and am hoping for a 100+ score.

I would further like to add that I am real low on financial resources, been studying until now on scholarships (merit ones). Even the test fees were hard to pay!

I will not be retaking my GRE and instead will work on my SOP. I have made a draft version and would like to ask if anyone here is willing to critique it for me. Like what to add? What to delete? Edit?

So please leave a reply, I will PM you my SOP! :)

Psh, my verbal is subpar (151 on practice tests) for someone who is a native speaker. You're fine.

I might be able to help with a cognitive sciences SOP if you have computer sciences and cognitive sciences separated. Go ahead and PM me.

@RabiaBKhan: Getting your SOP critiqued is a very wise idea. Gives a whole new perspective that you might overlook on your own.

I did the same during my application process last year, and it helped me a lot in improving my SOP. A few tweaks here and there can have a significant impact. After all, it is THE most important part of your application package.