Masters in Industrial/Systems Engineering - Operations Research

Suede

Since there is a separate thread for PhD applications and the differences in the applications approach are significant, I thought we could share information, feedback and insight about Masters graduate programs here.

Any fellow applicants for Masters degrees in Operations Research around? We could start off with profile information and decisions received so far.

Please allow me to start:

International Student

GPA: 3.4/4.0

GRE: 157V/167Q/4.0AW

Toefl iBT: 112/120

Edited by Suede

Hi,

I am an international applicant as well for a few masters in the US. I have not received answers for the programs I applied to so far (Berkeley, Columbia). I don't know if anyone else heard back from those (especially Berkeley, I applied to the MS not the MEng).

From what I've seen in the results page and the relevant threads, both of these programs have sent most decisions for the PhD programs (Columbia has also sent decisions for MFE from which many students are redirected to MSOR). Therefore, you should be expecting results or invitations to interviews soon enough. Best of luck with your applications!

Edited by Suede

• 1 month later...

I applied directly and was interviewed last week but I'm still waiting for the final decision.

From what I've seen in other forums, students redirected from their financial engineering program seem to have a priority in this procedure.

Does anyone know when the final decisions will be sent?

Hey,

Is there anyone who has applied for MS in Operations Research at Georgia Tech and got admitted? They normally send out 2 acceptance letters; one from the OR department and another one from the graduate studies division. I have received the first acceptance but still waiting for the other one. Anyone who has received both?

Hello Guys,

I have admits from Georgia Tech and UT Austin for MS in Operations Research program. I am interested to go for a job after my masters. From my information, I have high probability of getting a TA from II semester at UT Austin, whereas it is very difficult to get TA/RA at GaTech. Hence, GaTech would cost me three times that of UT Austin for my Masters program.

Considering this, which university is preferable? What distinguishes GaTech from UT Austin when it comes to finding a job? What will the impact of GaTech vs UT Austin brand name in the long run in the professional field and if I want to apply for MBA later on?

Guys please give your valuable opinion in this regard.

Hey,

Is there anyone who has applied for MS in Operations Research at Georgia Tech and got admitted? They normally send out 2 acceptance letters; one from the OR department and another one from the graduate studies division. I have received the first acceptance but still waiting for the other one. Anyone who has received both?

For the PhD program it took about two weeks get the 2nd acceptance. You'll get an email, and then can you accept or reject online.

Hope that helps!