Electrical Engineering PhD's - Anyone still waiting like me?

justinmcummings

Here are the schools I am still waiting on to be accepted or rejected (possibly waitlisted?), I wanted to see if anyone else is still waiting like me.

Waiting on admission status:

University of Washington - Seattle

University of Michigian - Ann Arbor

Northwestern University

University of Colorado - Boulder

University of Minnesota

Cornell University

Michigian State University (I was invited (and funded) to visit and tour, but I haven't heard back yet after that visit)

Waiting on funding:

University of Wisconsin - Madison (the letter said mid march - april)

I think I am going to wait 2 more weeks then start calling departments if I haven't heard back. What does everyone else think?

I am still waiting like you but not the same universities

Maryland College Park, UCSB  (ECE)

UCLA, UC Irvine and UIUC (CS)

Louisville: waiting for funding

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been two (very long feeling) weeks since I started this post and I have still yet to hear from:

Waiting on admission status:

University of Washington - Seattle

University of Michigian - Ann Arbor

Northwestern University

University of Minnesota (Final Review Status)

Cornell University

Michigian State University (I was invited (and funded) to visit and tour, but I haven't heard back yet after that visit)

Waiting on funding:

University of Wisconsin - Madison (the letter said mid march - april)

Should I start sending out emails to the departments to get my status?

I figure I should post these in here and not just in the results page:

Cornell:

I emailed the department for my application status and my response was ... A decision on your application has not be made yet, you will be emailed when one is. There is no current time frame for when this will happen.

U of Washington:

Emailed today to find out my status my response was...It would be best to consider your other offers at this point in time as we will not be able to admit more students unless others decline enrollment. Official rejection letters will be emailed mid April.

Still no news from Virginia Tech. It's been more than 8 weeks since they acknowledged my application. Should I send an email? I have been following the Results and there's no news from the EE Department in the search page. Maybe this is a good sign? 

I am waiting on University of Texas at Austin.  I applied for Ph.D. EE in the CommNetS track.  All other schools replied with rejection.  Good luck to you all.

Still no news from Virginia Tech. It's been more than 8 weeks since they acknowledged my application. Should I send an email? I have been following the Results and there's no news from the EE Department in the search page. Maybe this is a good sign? 

I'm a firm believe that no news is better than instant rejection, I think at this point it wouldn't hurt to send a friendly non-pestering email.

Emailed Northwestern yesterday and the responded today with:

"Applications for Fall 2014 PhD applicants are still being reviewed and decisions being made, and will continue through the end of this month. Some final decisions may be made as late as our April 15 deadline"

Side Note/Mini Rant: If all the schools are going to require us to accepted by April 15th, they need to inform us with enough time to be able to tour the schools to make the most informed decision.

I'm a firm believe that no news is better than instant rejection, I think at this point it wouldn't hurt to send a friendly non-pestering email.

Thanks! I guess I will send them an email today. I saw a result from EE today in the search page.

Best regards.

I am waiting on University of Texas at Austin.  I applied for Ph.D. EE in the CommNetS track.  All other schools replied with rejection.  Good luck to you all.

I have a friend still waiting for UT Ausin too, PhD EE too, but not the same track.

Good luck!

I just saw a ucla acceptance come through the results search

Yes, I saw that too. Although, I haven't seen a cluster of accepts. I'm hoping those are the exceptional "must admit" students.

Still waiting on Michigan (doubt I'm getting in, since I've seen the cluster of Master's, no funding go out), Oregon State, and Cal-Irvine.  Accepted Wisconsin, Washington, and Iowa State. At least Berkeley had the good graces to reject me early...

still waiting on the same bunch for me:
Northwestern, Cornell, University of Minnesota (application still sitting in final review status for over a week), Michigan State (Told me its a matter of funding at this point, no funding = no acceptance offer), U of Washington (Told me to consider other options at this point, official reject letters come out April 15th).

Other than that just hoping to hear some good funding information from U Wisc. If no funding comes through for them, I'm not sure if I will go there or go to UMich and reapply for PhD in 2 years :-/

The silence is killing me. After finally hearing form one school (rejection), the remaining three to which I applied are all still silent. Results for my remaining schools have started to pop up in the results search but I've heard nothing. The silence has gotten mean a wait-list at best right?

I'm hoping it means waitlist or finalists for last 2 or 3 positions and they are still deciding...but with my experience so far it means PhD rejection and Masters offered instead. I'm really really hoping for northwestern, but i think it is kinda a long shot.

I'm still waiting on UCLA, although I've already accepted an offer. It seems like UCLA is taking forever - I honestly don't know whats going on over there to take this long.