Let's talk Funding

strudelle

This may be weird, but can I edit my response?  I've gotten more details since I filled out the survey.

I don't think so? You can try clicking the link again, and see if that works, but since it's supposed to be confidential then I doubt it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread is exactly what I've been searching for, but the data is almost useless. I need gross funding separated from tuition. A precious few surveys indicate the difference. There is a difference between waived tuition and 'covered' tuition. in my case, my school 'covers' my tuition by having me work as a TA. My total award is 25k, but I only see 8k after tuition and health care are extracted, plus I'm working for half of the 'award'. I was hoping to compare my package to others, but I think we need to redo the survey?

Edited by MaxFreakOut

This thread is exactly what I've been searching for, but the data is almost useless. I need gross funding separated from tuition. A precious few surveys indicate the difference. There is a difference between waived tuition and 'covered' tuition. in my case, my school 'covers' my tuition by having me work as a TA. My total award is 25k, but I only see 8k after tuition and health care are extracted, plus I'm working for half of the 'award'. I was hoping to compare my package to others, but I think we need to redo the survey?

Go for it!

Hey Max, I could be wrong here, but I think people reported the stipend they received after tuition waiver/coverage. So if someone reported "Tuition Covered" and a monetary stipend, the stipend is the amount that student is paid for the year in addition to tuition. I won't speculate on how people factored healthcare ingot he figures they reported, because I feel like pretty much every school sets that up differently.

I think this is some great data! Thanks again to sarab for making this happen :)

Hey Max, I could be wrong here, but I think people reported the stipend they received after tuition waiver/coverage. So if someone reported "Tuition Covered" and a monetary stipend, the stipend is the amount that student is paid for the year in addition to tuition. I won't speculate on how people factored healthcare ingot he figures they reported, because I feel like pretty much every school sets that up differently.

I think this is some great data! Thanks again to sarab for making this happen :)

Aw, no problem. And yes! I think that's how it was answered (at least how I answered it).