accepting offers without aid

Guest please

Guest please

How easy or difficult is it, to pursue ur graduate studies without any aid from the university. What is the loan that one would have to take considering I am willing to do a part time job or something like that.

Guest NotReadyToHangMyself:)

If it's your only option, and you truly want to work in that field for life, then by all means take out a bank loan.

If you're in a PhD program, you are eligible for aid after 1 year anyway if you perform well your first year. They would rather give money to a student that has already showed promise than a fresh faced unproven yuppy.

Do NOT work a part time job. You are already short on time, you'll be spending easily 40+ hours per week studying! Teaching assistanships and research assistantships are both job opportunities in your field that are sometimes offered in lieu of funding, I would aggressively look into that if you go somewhere with no funding.

Good luck. I'll also probably end up with no funding (I'm a crappy student :( ) but I'll go ahead and take out a loan anyway.