UW Evans 2014 Admitted Thread

Is this for their MPA program?  Seems like they're notifying applicants earlier this year, no?

Edited by nbriant

This is for MPA, yes. I'm not sure about fellowships, but research and teaching assistantships are open for application as far as I understand my email. Anything that would provide tuition coverage and a stipend would supersede the merit award originally offered.

I also got my acceptance today! Any RPCVs apply for the Coverdell Fellowship? I got a good financial award but the email didn't mention anything about the fellowship. Is that a separate notification?

I also got my acceptance today! Any RPCVs apply for the Coverdell Fellowship? I got a good financial award but the email didn't mention anything about the fellowship. Is that a separate notification?

I was wondering about that myself. I didn't see mention of it either. Maybe it is only awarded after April 15 once they know who they have for sure?

I haven't received an email yet from UW, which has me a little concerned... but is there a place online where I should be seeing my admitted/declined status?

I've logged in, and clicked "status" and it just shows me all of my submitted information (GREs, etc). No new information, as far as I can tell. 

Just spoke with Dir of Admissions who is very nice and happy to answer any questions. He said that the Coverdell Fellowships have already been awarded -  so if it wasn't in your letter, you didn't get it. He also said they were not giving out any graduate assistantships with offers of admission this year. if you enroll, however, you may see assistantships that are available in other departments and apply for them. However, he emphasized that the availability of these assistants and TA positions varies by quarter, and that they are competitive.

Good luck to all who haven't heard yet or who are figuring out their school choices.

Anyone sure that they'll accept the UW-Evans offer or attend the Admitted Students Day(s)? I'm very excited about this admission, I've always wanted to move to the Northwest and this seems like the perfect opportunity. 

Also, does anyone know how the advising process (i.e. choice of adviser or timeline) goes at UW for MPA students?

Mine looks the same Ana, I haven't heard either but I did try to check my status online. I called UW last week and they said everyone should know by the end of this week.

Good to know!

... I'm probably going to break my phone refreshing my email every 2 minutes over here... 

I haven't received an email yet from UW, which has me a little concerned... but is there a place online where I should be seeing my admitted/declined status?

I've logged in, and clicked "status" and it just shows me all of my submitted information (GREs, etc). No new information, as far as I can tell. 

I didn't receive my email until Friday night, pretty late. Maybe check your spam folder if you're still not seeing anything (my gmail sent a few of the general UW emails after I applied to Spam).

Once they've made a decision and updated your online portal, which took all weekend for me, the 'Status' link will take you to a page I'd never seen before with options for accepting/declining. 

I wouldn't worry too much! I had applied very early in the cycle and the online portal took a few days to update. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all in the Evans cohort this Fall! 

Accepted on Friday with better financial aid than I expected!

UW was the only school I wanted to go to so am quite pleased! I'll be at the Open House in April for sure. 

I hadn't received my email so I called and Mr. Wall said I should have already received it! He did tell me I was accepted with no financial aid package, so I most likely will not be enrolling. Congratulations to those who were also accepted!

I felt encouraged by bama687, so I called. Apparently not all decisions are made yet - including mine! If anyone else is waiting and wondering if there's a glitch in the system, it's more likely that they still have not released the information. They said they aim to get everything out by tomorrow afternoon. 

Applied here last year and was accepted with no funding.  I didn't have a great experience with the admissions office so I declined the offer and waited another year to reapply to other schools.

I was accepted on Thursday (yay!), but with no funding at all (boo). With funding, this would have been one of my top choices, as I love Seattle and would be excited to live there. No funding - even an out-of-state tuition waiver - was a bit of a disappointment. Anyone else having a similar experience?

In the same boat as you - I LOVE Seattle and basically applied to UW purely for that reason... no funding with other offers outstanding means that I'll have to give up my PacNW dreams for now...

In the same boat as you - I LOVE Seattle and basically applied to UW purely for that reason... no funding with other offers outstanding means that I'll have to give up my PacNW dreams for now...

Maybe you and I will both end up at USC, where encouragement, in the form of funding, seems to flow a bit more freely... :)

Road trip up the coast? Haha.