Chicago Harris

DeltaAA

Anyone waiting to hear from Harris? Read the Twitter feed, and we should expect results tomorrow. Thoughts?

The way they have done their whole admissions process, I wouldn't believe anything they say. Tomorrow there will be another Twitter post saying late Wednesday.

The way they have done their whole admissions process, I wouldn't believe anything they say. Tomorrow there will be another Twitter post saying late Wednesday.

LOL Agreed. Pre-weekend they said decisions would come out today, but now they've decided to delay? I guess I can stop checking my e-mails for today.

LOL Agreed. Pre-weekend they said decisions would come out today, but now they've decided to delay? I guess I can stop checking my e-mails for today.

Yea this is about the 4th time they have advertised a self-imposed deadline, and failed to meet it. Not to mention the fact that they extended their application deadline several times after the actual orginal deadline had passed back in January/February.

Their general lack of professionalism has taken them from my #1 choice to #3 or 4. Obviously admissions departments are not necessarily representative of the school itself, but unfortunately the experience has left a sour taste.

I don't think we can be too hard on them. Perhaps attempting to provide a concrete date for results is unrealistic and a bit of a PR mistake... but at the same time, I think Harris admissions has a more engaged SM strategy than many other schools. Several schools (including a certain school in New York...) have provided almost no information regarding the application review process or what to expect. 

I can see it both ways. On the one hand, frequently extending deadlines and delaying announcements doesn't exactly make them look like the most organized bunch, but if the alternative is receiving no information at all, I imagine most people would pick the twitter account.

I suspect there are probably very reasonable explanations for the various extensions/delays. It is the University of Chicago after all, and not some fly-by-night operation. Of course to the applicants, all we see is the twitter blurbs (tweets?). 

Admitted as well.  Only school even close to the East Coast that I applied to.  Was hoping against all odds that I would be offered some funding.  Oh well!

Hey! Where is everyone getting their admissions news? I don't have anything in my e-mail. 

You need to log in to your original application. But you should have gotten an e-mail with an  "Application Status Update" subject line. If not, perhaps your decision hasn't been released yet.

Admitted, no funding.  

For undergrad I turned down a full ride to USC to go to UChicago (no funding from the school), and interestingly enough the same thing happened again (admissions-wise, haven't made any decisions yet).  Not complaining--good problem to have!

Edited by jzhu