Chicago Harris

DeltaAA

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have received little to no funding, how are you justifying spending 80-90k on a masters? I'm finding that decision a tough one to make, seeing as I'm looking at going to other programs for less (about 60k). I was hoping for others input as to why you feel it's worth taking the extra loans?

Hey katieh, I also think that's a tough decision, but I've decided that I can't really justify it, given my other options. Ultimately, I think you have to decide for yourself based on your career and life goals, realistic salary expectations, and your tolerance for debt. I am very debt averse, and I know I probably won't be making much more than $100k a year ever (at least in adjusted dollars), let alone in my first few years after graduation, so I've decided not to attend Harris or Harvard, as they're just too expensive, especially given that I have more reasonably-priced options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...