Barron Online Prep Course

789Phil

Has anyone tried Barron's Online Prep Course? Its on sale  for $69, and I'm wondering if it is worth the investment. I scored V155/M157 (using Magoosh), and I'm trying to boost both sections above 163.

I love Barron's online prep.  I took the free diagnostic test and did some of the personalized prep sections before deciding that I liked it enough to pay $100 for the 4 practice tests.  It's a lot cheaper than (the ridiculously expensive) Kaplan courses, and I feel like the online practice has helped me a lot.   I'm taking the GRE this weekend, so I'll let you know how my scores compare to what Barron's has predicted for me. 

I love Barron's online prep.  I took the free diagnostic test and did some of the personalized prep sections before deciding that I liked it enough to pay $100 for the 4 practice tests.  It's a lot cheaper than (the ridiculously expensive) Kaplan courses, and I feel like the online practice has helped me a lot.   I'm taking the GRE this weekend, so I'll let you know how my scores compare to what Barron's has predicted for me. 

Update us. I am interested in the Barron online prep as well.

I got 170 V and 156 Q.  I'm really happy with my score since I've been out of school for a long time and didn't think I'd do so well. 

When I took Barron's diagnostic test at the beginning of February, they predicted 161-167 V and 143-149 Q.  

I did use other study guides and took other practice tests, too, so I can't give Barron's all the credit, but I do think that it helped. Seeing my predicted scores on the site and watching them affected by the personalized prep and the practice tests motivated me to study more.  And as far as I know, Barron's is the cheapest option out there. 

Their free course is good, too, but I wanted to have access to the practice tests, so I paid the $100.  I think it was worth it. 

Kaplan IS insanely expensive :/. Good Luck!!! :D

I went to a free Kaplan practice test event, and when the facilitator showed the costs of their courses, a few people in the room actually snorted in disbelief.  

Thanks! :)

Congrats on your score!!!  I'm aiming for similar scores, especially on verbal. A perfect on verbal would be beyond amazing for me! Thanks for sharing :)

Edited by 789Phil

• 1 month later...

I am also preparing for my GRE exam and came through an awesome GRE mobile App by Gradestack available on a Google Play store. I was very tensed and since my work included more of a travel, I am finding this app an awesome tool for my preparation. If anyone can let me know if I can check any other resource apart from this. I am looking for a mobile solution. Also, let me know your feedback regarding the app.

I just check the app Bob. It looks great. Have just started using the app for GRE exam preparation and have started liking it already. I hope it will turn out good as I will go ahead with the GRE exam preparation.

You an check other apps also. Apart from that, if you carry tab or even a smart phones, you check the web version offered by various other companies. I have tried others also, However I am find gradestack quite good.

Edited by Riteshkumar