popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Prison Break and Homeland.

You can hate me in return, but I'm kind of tired of the hackneyed story-line of the impossibly brilliant protagonist who is also messed up and keeps getting into a world of trouble, only to get out of it with their sheer brilliance. Every.single.time.rinse.and.repeat.season.after.season.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:31 AM, DogsArePeopleToo said:

Prison Break and Homeland.

You can hate me in return, but I'm kind of tired of the hackneyed story-line of the impossibly brilliant protagonist who is also messed up and keeps getting into a world of trouble, only to get out of it with their sheer brilliance. Every.single.time.rinse.and.repeat.season.after.season.

I would just say I hate 24 episode television seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont hate smokers, but I hate that a lot of them are freaking inconsiderate where they smoke.  Some people would like to enjoy the great outdoors without your smoke poluting the place.   Anytime I walk outside, no matter where I am, it seems people are smoking there.  I didnt notice this in my hometown, but in big cities I've noticed you can't walk anywhere without choking on cigarette fumes.   It is really annoying! Excuse me while I have really bad BO in public, because that is basically what you are doing.  But I guess you cant expect someone to have regard for others when they have so little regard for their own body. But what gets me is that a lot of these people are enviromemtalist, shop sustainably, and look down at people who don't.  WTH! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am on Facebook. I have a love-hate relationship with it. But I get somewhat anxious every time I post a more political or personal post. I have more than a 1000 friends on FB and I always feel stupid almost when I post something and only a small number of people likes it or shares it. How silly is that?

2 hours ago, chalkdust said:

Black popular culture and it's constant trickledowns and self references.  As a fan of old-school hip hop and newer folk who were good like aceyalone and freestyle fellowship... Mos def bdp and public enemy. Bcc Wu Tang hieroglyphics and brand Nubian and de la soul.  And as a fan of Racine and classic konpa. Socalypso and African hazz.  As a fan of the Harlem Renaissance African and Caribbean lit be etc amiri baraka Earl Lovelace and wole soyinka chimamanda ngozie adichie syl Cheney cooker and amos tutuola.  As a devoted disciple of the black Atlantic world... I would say that black popular culture is in a sorry state .. the black race is capable of so much greater. Up ye mighty race!!

:rolleyes: