North Carolina State University (NCSU)

amathman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'll be there for a PhD in mathematics! Anyone else? :)

just curious, did NCSU give you funding?

i got accepted there for math without funding. i took a funded offer at a different university that was actually a much better fit too, so everything worked out well for me. I'm just curious why they'd even bother offering me an admittance without funding, and even worse, they didn't even offer me any info about potential funding in the future. did they honestly expect me to borrow well over $100k to earn a PhD from them? that's despicable. (if it was Law school or Med school, that would be understandable.)

just curious, did NCSU give you funding?

i got accepted there for math without funding. i took a funded offer at a different university that was actually a much better fit too, so everything worked out well for me. I'm just curious why they'd even bother offering me an admittance without funding, and even worse, they didn't even offer me any info about potential funding in the future. did they honestly expect me to borrow well over $100k to earn a PhD from them? that's despicable. (if it was Law school or Med school, that would be understandable.)

I was accepted to NCSU for a PhD in Curriculum & Instruction. No one ever spoke to me during the application process and the application letter was very clear about no funding. About a week after I declined the offer, I started getting emails about applying for teaching assistantships within the College of Education. It was all very weird and disjointed. Just the other day I got an email asking to participate in an off-campus housing survey of some sort. It's like no one really communicates within the university. I was not impressed at all and very grateful that I had IU and UGA to choose between.

I was accepted to NCSU for a PhD in Curriculum & Instruction. No one ever spoke to me during the application process and the application letter was very clear about no funding. About a week after I declined the offer, I started getting emails about applying for teaching assistantships within the College of Education. It was all very weird and disjointed. Just the other day I got an email asking to participate in an off-campus housing survey of some sort. It's like no one really communicates within the university. I was not impressed at all and very grateful that I had IU and UGA to choose between.

glad to hear someone else was in the same boat. also, after the grad secretary told me i was accepted (which required multiple emails from me after april 15th) it took an additional month and a half before i even received any further info. it didn't sound like an organized program at all.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use