George Washington Elliott School Decisions 2014

pyrhuss

No mention of funding in my letter. Maybe fellowship info is coming through snail mail? It also says I have until May 1 to accept the offer, which seems to be the deadline for people without fellowships according to their website :(

Accepted, also no word on funding yet. Not a single word or link about funding in that email. Congrats everyone who got in! Good luck with all the rest!

I thought I would get rejected by GW because I made a terrible mistake in the SOP, I said "I want to get into SAIS" lol........But then I sent them an email immediately to submit a new SOP, before the deadline. I guess that worked!

Accepted as well. I also got the May 1st deadline. But the email does make it sound as funding decisions may come through snail mail...

Same here

My understanding was that funding decisions were supposed to trail admissions by a few days, so I'm not too worried. (Don't ask me where I heard that, because I can't remember =\).

Also: got in!

YAY! Got in, my first DC school admission. My program is MA in International Affairs. I'm probably going. Also, nothing on funding...

Edited by marwanslm

Just talked to the admissions office: They are still finalizing their funding decisions and hope to get them out "very soon", definitely before April 1st (which I asked for because I have other offer deadlines pending that day). So fingers crossed!

Edited by pyrhuss

@marwanslm- dude-- you applied to so many schools. I do not envy the massive amount of work you must have put into your applications. Congrats on getting into GWU.

Thanks. Congrats too! You are right...It was a nightmare. I guess I should've been more confident about myself at the beginning.

Just talked to the admissions office: They are still finalizing their funding decisions and hope to get them out "very soon", definitely before April 1st (which I asked for because I have other offer deadlines pending that day). So fingers crossed!

I am crossing my fingers...but I just found this on their website:

To accept the offer, you have to "Submit a $500 non-refundable tuition deposit to the Elliott School Office of Graduate Admissions via credit card, electronic bank transfer, check, or money order. The deadline to respond is April 15 if you were awarded an Elliott School fellowship or May 1 if you were not offered a fellowship."

I got the May 1 deadline so....bah :(

Don't want to sound presumptuous but I met with the admissions director several months ago and he told me that based on my profile I would have a good chance for fellowships. Not good enough perhaps. A bit bummed because I liked their whole scheme about being able to work full time while studying since they have all their classes in the evening. Ah well.

But pyrrhus it looks like you're golden!

i would not jump to conclusions too quickly. I also got the May 1 deadline, but I think they might apply this deadline to everyone this year given that they had a couple of hickups throughout the admissions process and even extended their original deadline for fellowship considerations by two weeks.

Woops, I misinterpreted your post asking if anyone had the April 15 deadline to mean that you had the April 15 deadline. So we've all got the May 1 deadline, which I think you're right might be because GW is behind after their deadline extension. Must learn to be a bit more patient aha...

Nothing yet on my end. Is it possible that it's being sent via snail mail with the info packets? Because I've heard literally nothing so far. My guess is things could be held up because they extended the deadline for fellowship/aid consideration, but so far no word.