CUNY

gomezdm

Yes, I have - I actually live in Manhattan, and most of my MA thesis research is right down the street at the NYPL. I have to admit, I was worried about the location, but the building is way nicer than I expected!

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this CUNY post... :D

I'll be going for PhD in Developmental Psychology! Most of my classes should be at the Graduate Center. I'm moving to the city so I'm currently trying to get money together for housing and such. The one frustrating thing is that the Stafford Loan won't be disbursed at the Graduate Center until October so I'm working on finding private loans for initial rent/cost of living expenses until the Stafford comes through. Grrr...anyone else having this problem? Or is anyone else attending CUNY in the Fall??

• 2 weeks later...

PoliSci PhD... I wonder how many students live in Manhattan as opposed to the greater New York area... It's more expensive of course, but what are the transportation costs like in NYC?

• 2 months later...

I will be starting in the Political Science department for my M.A. in Urban Policy and Administration. All of my classes will be in Manhattan at 25 Broadway. Is it a good idea to find housing in the city or should I house near Brooklyn college to be close to study resources and campus?

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use