Reapplying for next year

esimanon

Just a note to Emarouk about PSU...when I was researching programs theirs was one of my favorites, so I decided to visit when I was in the area and the advisor I met told me flat out that I wouldn't be accepted without one year direct social work experience or about 1,000 hours of volunteering. I don't have anything close to that, so I was discouraged enough not to apply. The advisor I spoke to made it seem like they were pretty strict about it, so that might have been the problem. You sound like a really strong applicant outside of that so don't be down about it! I'm sure everything will work out for you in the end :)

I just want to add some good thoughts for anyone who didn't get into grad school this year. I think that there has to be a certain percentage of just luck and favorable variables that make some applications seem more in line with what a school may be looking for at any time. An extra year of added experience can only help any of us and you will be that much better as a social worker. Not to take away from the disappointment of this moment, but I think your talking about using this next year is an excellent predictor of how great you will actually be as social workers because you care about rounding out your applications, in whatever way you think will be helpful.

Good luck, everyone! Here's to a wonderful, happy 2015!