Worcester Polytechnic Institute - Fall 2014

xbar

Hi All,

I got admitted to their MS in Data Science Program. I was wondering if anyone else got in there, computer science graduate or any other field and are willing to join in the coming fall.

I would also like to you know your thoughts about the school in general, even though it’s a small school.

Thanks

Edited by xbar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi xbar

I got admitted to WPI in Master of Data Science too!  Imho, yes WPI is a relatively small university and Data Science is a quite new program there, but the profile of the Professor as well as the Program Director (Elke) is very promising. The professor seems very well experienced in Data Science field and has a lot of interesting projects. Besides, Data Science has become a major interest in everywhere nowadays, and currently it's only few universities in US that offer this program, so i think it's a good investment after all.

Wonderful :)  :)  :)  At least now I have a company!!!

So have you received your I-20?

Do you know any other people who got into this program?

Wonderful  :)   :)   :)  At least now I have a company!!!

Yay! :D

So have you received your I-20?

Not yet. Honestly I haven't confirmed to WPI about their admission offer yet. I also got unofficially admitted to IIT in CS Program and since the confirmation deadline from WPI is on April 15, in the time being I will be waiting for financial information from IIT first. However it's most likely that I will go for WPI. How about you, have you received your I-20?

Do you know any other people who got into this program?

Unfortunately I don't.

Nopes, I’m yet to confirm. I’m trying to evaluate the quality of courses and faculty members.

I have received admit from IIT in Data Science as well.  

even i got an admit to data science program at wpi...

where are you guys from and did any of u got any funding from the university???

@xbar: still not yet to confirm, actually I tried to confirm by April 15 but then i was informed that wpi agreed to extend the confirmation deadline until may 1.

@pg87: i'm from Indonesia. Yes I got funding.

Anyone of you has decided to join WPI?

me too in the same boat...waiting for decisions from other univs, however, am really inclined towards WPI as its the first year of the course and hence the batch size would be small, which in turn would lead to better chances of getting assistantships and internships.