MIT vs Stanford vs Caltech for mechanical engineering

jmoon43

I still can't believe I have these options to choose for my graduate studies and am very thankful that I got into those amazing schools. Now, I am not sure which one to choose...(For MIT and Stanford: MS with funding, for Caltech: ph.d with funding. ) For now, I'd like to become a professor in the future, but I am opened to pursue industrial or national lab positions. 

All the research projects from professors at these places are very intriguing to me, and I don't have a preference. That said, I am leaning towards Caltech for its small size (it seems that teaching and the interaction between professors and students are heavily emphasized.)  and of course, its location and weather. However, I hear that mechanical engineering programs at Stanford and MIT have better prospects and people regard these places higher than Caltech. Is that true?

Any info on these schools will be great!

• 4 weeks later...

I feel that SF Bay Area and Boston are better "tech cities" for possible jobs after school, but that's my opinion. Probably not a relevant fact if you want to go into academia.