Listing GRE scores on resume?!

lfliliu

Hi all,

I recently took the GRE and scored a 166 V (96 pth); 166 Q (93 pth); 4.0 AWA (54 pth).

I have some questions:

1) I would like to know how is listing GRE scores on resumes viewed? I am interested into breaking into finance, preferably IB but would settle for a something lesser if I can't get a position.

2) What is more important for grad/business schools? GPA or Standardized Test Scores? I have a middle off-the road 3.54 GPA in Actuarial Science (quantitative intensive field).

Potential employers won't look at it in a favorable light. I am of the opinion that one shouldn't mention their GPA in the resume, even if it is a perfect four. Try to get across the message that you are worth much more than mere numbers on a piece of paper.

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I would leave it off. I feel like a lot of employers wouldn't even know what it meant. GPA is a definite but GRE is a definitely not. 

Unless the job is training students to write the GRE or some sort of tutoring position, I wouldn't even consider it.