Accepted Hunter Fall 2014 students

LincolnLover

Hi everyone,

congrats!  I can't wait to meet you all in the Fall.

I will be attending the advanced standing track this upcoming fall.  I have a few questions about financial aid:

has anyone heard anything about financial aid yet?  I am very confused.  I know there is a scholarship form that you must fill out to be eligible for financial aid, but it's asking how much I have been approved for in work study/loans.  How am I supposed to know that until I get my financial aid package??

Thanks so much for your help

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I will be attending in the fall as well. I think you can estimate. You probably won't get more than the estimated cost of tuition and living expenses so I would estimate the max amount you can receive/will require. 

When you sent in your deposit, how long did it take for you to receive your EMPL ID?

Thanks!

Hey, I got accepted to Hunter and NYU. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone tell me why they decided on Hunter. I know they have an awesome reputation and for a good price, however, I just need to make a decision. By the way, I am looking to do more clinical work if that makes a difference.

Hi all,

Will also be attending Hunter in Fall.  Only received email acceptance letter, and I had to call to receive the official acceptance letter by mail in order to fill the required forms for the commitment deposit.  How long does it take to get Empl ID#?  Do we have to wait for pre-orientation (I will be attending the May 29th one) to register for classes?  What steps do I take next?

This is very confusing. 

I mailed my commitment deposit over a week ago and got an email confirmation a few days later, which is good. I have my Empl ID#, but can't yet use it to get access to my CUNY first account (which you need to get your financial aid award/loan offers). Called today and they said it takes a while to process all of that, so just have to wait it out.

I still have to find immunization records and ask someone about field placement (since I don't yet know where I will live in NYC, which affects where you are placed). There's a lot to figure out and it feels like there's no direction. It's also frustrating because a lot of links and forms found on their websites are outdated.  <_<

I'm going to the session on the 29th too. As per the above comment, these run arounds were the types of negative things I had heard about hunter. Not a lot of direction, but I'm willing to do what it takes to figure things out.... Seems like good preparation for a career in social work, actually..... Lots of red tape and run arounds.....

This is very confusing. 

I mailed my commitment deposit over a week ago and got an email confirmation a few days later, which is good. I have my Empl ID#, but can't yet use it to get access to my CUNY first account (which you need to get your financial aid award/loan offers). Called today and they said it takes a while to process all of that, so just have to wait it out.

I still have to find immunization records and ask someone about field placement (since I don't yet know where I will live in NYC, which affects where you are placed). There's a lot to figure out and it feels like there's no direction. It's also frustrating because a lot of links and forms found on their websites are outdated.  <_<

Hi Maggie,

How long after did it take to get your Empl ID#? Did it come by email? My commitment deposit was received and deposited this week. I got the email as well that they received it but haven't received my Empl ID# yet. By any chance is this the number that was on the commitment deposit form? Thanks!

pmelwani: I called the financial aid office and they gave it to me, but said I would have to wait to have access to my CUNYfirst account. How were you able to get access? Did you receive an email with additional steps?

If you visit this link: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/oam/Portal_Login1.html

Underneath where you enter your login info, it says first time users, I clicked on that and created my account. It gave me my Empl# and access to my account info. It still seems like they haven't entered a lot of my updated info so they are probably still figuring things out on their end. 

If you visit this link: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/oam/Portal_Login1.html

Underneath where you enter your login info, it says first time users, I clicked on that and created my account. It gave me my Empl# and access to my account info. It still seems like they haven't entered a lot of my updated info so they are probably still figuring things out on their end. 

Hi pmelwani,

When I tried creating my account, it would not let me saying that I am not found in their system.  How long after you received your email regarding them receiving your  commitment deposit,  is it that you were found in Hunter's system and able to create your account?

Thanks for your help

HI Anna,

Yeah I think it was after I received the email that they received my deposit. I think I tried a few weeks back and I wasn't able to create an account. I sent in my deposit on May 1st I believe and I received the email on May 6th. So it basically took a week for them to process my deposit. 

I'm going to the session on the 29th too. As per the above comment, these run arounds were the types of negative things I had heard about hunter. Not a lot of direction, but I'm willing to do what it takes to figure things out.... Seems like good preparation for a career in social work, actually..... Lots of red tape and run arounds.....

bfox,

Which part of the city are you coming from?  I am looking forward to meeting you all.  Can't wait to register and start.   Btw, did you receive your Empl ID# already?  I can't create my Cunfirst acct.  My commitment deposit was deposited already 2 days ago???????????

HI Anna,

Yeah I think it was after I received the email that they received my deposit. I think I tried a few weeks back and I wasn't able to create an account. I sent in my deposit on May 1st I believe and I received the email on May 6th. So it basically took a week for them to process my deposit. 

Hi pmelwani,

Yesterday, I received the email that my commitment deposit was received.  I just tried (with the link that you posted) to activate/create my account.  Uh oh, it won't let me??

Hi Maggie,

On the commitment deposit email, it says:  "We will be sending additional information about the next steps of your enrollment process shortly".  The word SHORTLY gets me nervous!!  I was accepted to Hunter's on the 21st of April and in the email  it said: "You will be receiving an official acceptance letter with forms for your commitment deposit shortly".  I am still waiting for that letter.

After numerous emails and phone calls on my part, I received the commitment dep. forms.  If not for me being on top of this, and waiting for that "SHORTLY" to ever happen, I would have forfeited my admission to Hunter's.

So, when and what should I be expecting as the next steps in the enrollment process?  Is it a letter by mail?  Is it an email?  What would the next steps mean--  are we not gonna be hearing everything at the pre-orientation session?  Please let me know if you have any additonal info.

Thank you so much,

Anna

I'm a former CUNY student so maybe that's why I was able to create my account. 

AnnaBanana, do you live in NYC? Maybe it's taking awhile for those who live out of state?

Yes, it seems that way; I'm out-of-state.

I received my acceptance letter by mail the first week of April and I still haven't received any email with information around additional steps. So, it'll probably take a while.  

I still have NO idea when orientation is, if there is any alternative for out-of-state students, or anything around field placement and registration for classes. 

I'm a former CUNY student so maybe that's why I was able to create my account. 

AnnaBanana, do you live in NYC? Maybe it's taking awhile for those who live out of state?

Hi pmelwani,

No,  actually I live in the city.   But after you created your CUNYfirst acct, (probably bec you're a former CUNY student that it went so quickly), what happened next?  Did you go down for a field placement interview?  Did you find out about your scholarship awards/financial aid package?  Which MSW program are you going with -- 2 yr, OYR or Advanced?  Are you able to register for classes?  Please let me know any additional info that you have.

Thank you so much,

Anna

Hi pmelwani,

No,  actually I live in the city.   But after you created your CUNYfirst acct, (probably bec you're a former CUNY student that it went so quickly), what happened next?  Did you go down for a field placement interview?  Did you find out about your scholarship awards/financial aid package?  Which MSW program are you going with -- 2 yr, OYR or Advanced?  Are you able to register for classes?  Please let me know any additional info that you have.

Thank you so much,

Anna

Sorry, I do not want to confuse anyone.  I am AnnaBannana.  I had to change my name and acct. info bec I was having password/email problems.  so, I am lostshoe/AnnaBannana

Hi Anna,

Nothing happened after I created my account. Most of the info is outdated. 

I only submitted my field placement form and scholarship form last Friday and haven't heard anything since. 

I'm going to the Pre-Registration session on June 12th. I think most of our answers will be given during the pre-orientation. I know many of you are going on May 29th. Please let me know what is discussed then if you guys get a moment.

The Fall 2014 schedule is posted on the Social Work's website under Registration so you can have an idea of the time schedule/classes. 

I'm in the Two Year program. Which program are you part of?

Classes don't begin until August so I'm sure they aren't in a rush to notify us of anything. The current semester is over in 2 weeks and they are probably prepping for graduation. We probably won't get anything addressed until June.

As a former CUNY student, the first semester is always a lag because of orientation but after, it's pretty simple to create your schedule and get everything completed. Your advisor should take care of everything. 

Hi pmelwani,

Thank you so much,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Nothing happened after I created my account. Most of the info is outdated. 

I only submitted my field placement form and scholarship form last Friday and haven't heard anything since. 

I'm going to the Pre-Registration session on June 12th. I think most of our answers will be given during the pre-orientation. I know many of you are going on May 29th. Please let me know what is discussed then if you guys get a moment.

The Fall 2014 schedule is posted on the Social Work's website under Registration so you can have an idea of the time schedule/classes. 

I'm in the Two Year program. Which program are you part of?

Classes don't begin until August so I'm sure they aren't in a rush to notify us of anything. The current semester is over in 2 weeks and they are probably prepping for graduation. We probably won't get anything addressed until June.

As a former CUNY student, the first semester is always a lag because of orientation but after, it's pretty simple to create your schedule and get everything completed. Your advisor should take care of everything. 

I will be part of the 2 yr. program.  I will let you know after preorientation what was accomplished.  

Tnx for answering my questions

Anna