Vanier CGS 2013-2014

PhDrizzle

tomorrow. Once the results are posted in the researchnet, they will send an email asking you to check the status of your application. 

I have very little chance to get it. But what is worse for me is that due to a clerical error my CGS application didnot pass the faculty stage. By the time I figured out the mistake of that stupid lady it was too late. The stupid stupid clerk didnot know how to calculate weighted average.  I am really mad; I don't think I am over yet. This was my last chance. I wanted to apply for vanier and hence did not apply for CGS during my first year PhD. Now the vanier application got forwarded but not the NSERC PGS..........I am so angrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......... aggghhhhh!!

Good luck to you guys !

It is the day of reckoning everyone! Good luck to you all and remember: getting your department's nomination and being forwarded to Ottawa is a victory in and of itself! We should all be proud (though I know that won't be much consolation if we are unsuccesful).

Hi guys,

I'm waiting impatiently as well, constantly refreshing my browser. Applied through the NSERC part of the council. I will post news here as soon as I receive my mail.

Good luck to everyone!

Edit: From the posts from 2 years ago in this forum the answers were coming in around 1pm to 5 pm.. So still some time.. :)

Edited by EcoTox

I also check my ResearchNet in case they update this before they send out the e-mails, but nothig changed so far.

Wonder where the cut will be this year. Hope it's rather more scholarships then less..

I have to write on my next paper.. ^^ It's not helping to have to be infront of my laptop the entire time today.. :) No real distraction, constant e-mail checking etc. :)

Once the results are posted in the researchnet, they will send an email asking you to check the status of your application. 

That's good to know, now I won't be compulsively checking researchnet. Good luck everyone!

Results are up! I got an award under the CIHR section, there were a total of 158 considered and they gave awards to the top 55.

I am honestly over the moon, I'm waiting to tell my labmates until I stop shaking. Congratulations to everyone nominated! Even if you don't get the award you are still among the best to have been nominated at all! And I didn't get the Vanier when I applied last year and came back this year to get it, so don't lose hope :)

Congratulations!!! Did it show up under "Current Activities"? I applied under NSERC; I'm not sure how different that is.

Edited by PhDrizzle

Anyone know what sorts of scores are usually successful?

Look into the thread from 2012 to get some ideas. Might be slightly different this year, but maybe not by too much..

Unfortunately negative news here for Vanier CIHR. Final score 5.4. Anyone know what sorts of scores are usually successful? 

Congrats to this year's winners!

Sorry to hear that, whome. Did you see your result on ResearchNet? Where on the website?

Did you see your result on ResearchNet? Where on the website?

It's supposed to be under "Current Activities". But the e-mail they will send you should contain a link as well.

P.S.: No NSERC news here either!

It's supposed to be under "Current Activities". But the e-mail they will send you should contain a link as well.

P.S.: No NSERC news here either!

I thought so... Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything...

No news for SSHRC yet.