MGPS/MBA or MPA/MSES for International Development

namehere

I am discerning between two programs with a focus of moving into international development work post grad. However, I should add that I intend to work more at the 'grass roots' or tactical level vice the strategic or policy level but want to maintain the ability for future upward mobility as age begins to bring me out of the field.

Program 1) UT dual degree MBA (McCombs School, focus in Social Enterprise) and MGPS (focus in Int'l Development, more policy than practitioner based)

Program 2) IU SPEA dual degree MPA (Non-profit mgm't and Int'l Development) and MSES (focus in Toxicology and Health Risk Assessment). In addition I would add a Certificate from KSB in Social Entrepreneurship and a Cert in Conflict Mediation.

As far is funding goes, I have full funding for each program from past employment.

Additionally I should mention I have been accepted in HKS MPP and UW MPA, however after viewing degree potentials, the dual degrees favor my pursuits even despite the HKS network (may should have gone the MPA/ID route but did not have a strong enough quant background for it to be feasible).

Any contstructive thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially from any current or past development practitioners. 

Thanks ahead of time to those who respond.

• 2 weeks later...

I visited SPEA and was also accepted to the duel degree and although I'm not specifically interested in international development I did speak with a lot of students that spent time abroad either as a semester or as a summer internship so its definitely possible to get international experience while you are there if thats a concern. Overall I thought it was a really good program with a huge alumni network!