NYU Steinhardt Music Business STILL Waiting

musicbiz

Uh... anybody get any word from NYU Steinhardt Music Business?  I checked the results page and see a whopping two acceptances, and nothing else.  This is about to drive me insane!  It's getting difficult to carry on with daily life, because I am stressing waiting to hear from them...

I'm still waiting to hear back from Steinhardt too, for another department.  Had my interview March 1st, thought it went well, and was told I would hear back in about three weeks.  But I haven't heard a peep.  I know the department I applied to just finished their last round of interviews about a day ago, so maybe that's the case for yours and they'll send out another wave of acceptances soon.

Edited by Indigoglow

May I ask if you guys know if all steinhardt departments require interview? I was really shock that I didn't get an interview. This is the only school that I didn't have to interview.

Thanks for the replies.  I am applying for the Music Business program, which does not require an interview.  It is somewhat comforting that I'm not the only one waiting to hear from Steinhardt, even though we're applying to two different departments.  I wish someone who applied to the Music Business program would respond; maybe they will.  :)

I broke down and emailed admissions about a week ago, and they said I should receive notification via email by the end of March.  Well, it is now the end of March.  I am hoping that they will finally send something today, but for some reason, I have a doubtful feeling that they're even going to do that.  So much torture...

Called again yesterday, after initially being told that I would have a decision emailed to me by March 31.  Now they're saying it could be a week - a week and a half.  Meanwhile, I am sitting on two other offers, and kind of stuck because I applied Early Decision to NYU... so I kinda need to know something like yesterday.  I saw two new acceptances for Music Technology in the results search, so the good news is that they are still accepting people, and it's not all rejections at this point.  Anybody else hear anything yet?

I am also waiting to hear back from Steinhardt. I applied to Performing Arts Administrion. The application deadline was originally 6 Jan but then they extended it to 1 Feb. I guess its because they don't have enough applicants? I applied to only two grad schools and got one rejected already. So I am so worried now. It has been a pain for me waiting to hear back for 12 weeks.

Oil, I feel your pain.  I do have two other acceptances, but Steinhardt is my #1 choice, and I applied Early Decision, which makes the decision particularly crucial.  It is  imperative that I hear something very soon.  I need to make my decision by Apr 15, and I can't without hearing from NYU.  AHHHH!!!  Insanity...

The problem, HKsai, is that other schools DO want decisions by today, so NYU not notifying people on time is really messed up and honestly, really unprofessional.  They really should have let everyone know whether they were accepted or rejected way before now, so people would've had time to weigh all of their options.

The problem, HKsai, is that other schools DO want decisions by today, so NYU not notifying people on time is really messed up and honestly, really unprofessional.  They really should have let everyone know whether they were accepted or rejected way before now, so people would've had time to weigh all of their options.

This is exactly what i experienced with another school. Have you guys tried calling? They take a while to get back to me when I asked them if I need to send in an updated transcript. It took them a week and a half to reply with one sentence LOL I would just say yes to the other school if NYU is your first choice. That's what I did with Northwestern when they wait listed me.

Hi guys, I've applied music business Steinhardt. I rang them this morning twice and no one picked up the phone, instead, to "leave a message". Does anyone get any words from them?

Edited by Maycla

I have called and called and emailed and emailed, lol.  I finally got an email yesterday, stating that the committee is finalizing decisions.  I then received an email from another staff member, stating that they are waiting for responses from other applicants that they have made offers to, and that it is unlikely that I will be accepted.  Would've been nice to know that at least two weeks ago (before the Apr 15 deadline that most schools adhere to).  I'm still hoping there's a chance, but that response sounded doubtful.