help! what are my chances of getting into a PhD program in the States

Franny_Glass

Hi everyone, please help!

I am from Croatia, I have an MA in English and Russian (BA GPA 4,4 out of 5,0; MA GPA 4,63 out of 5,0).

I am also studying Chinese and I am currently studying Chinese in Beijing on a one-year scholarship.

So I have four languages: Croatian, English (almost fluent), Russian (my speaking is not as good as my English, but still good,

but I understand everything and can read) and Chinese (I believe it will be good in a year and a half, but obviously needs more work).

I would also like to study Spanish, I understand a lot, although I have never studied it.

I would like to apply to a PhD in Comparative Lit in the States. What do you think are my chances of getting in? Should

I just give up or do I have a chance? I didn't publish anything, but I am currently working on a research which is 

not connected with CompLit; do you think I could list that when applying? I have also done a lot of lit. theory translation for a student magazine.

My general plan would be to go home and work on my application next year, I would also publish stuff, I applied for a conference and so on...

What do you think? Thanks all