How easy to live on Oxford Clarendon stipend?

Alderman

To my mind, it's a lot of money for a living stipend. However, I suppose it depends on your lifestyle, how many trips you're making to London, etc.

I was speaking to a prof whose past student went to Oxford with Clarendon funding. According to her, the student had enough money to travel around Europe during her degree. So you shouldn't have to pinch your pennies.

Edited by ssimonin

• 1 month later...

Congrats, Alderman! 

I found out I got one on Monday, and am wondering similar things. My college has no housing available at all anymore, and flats downtown are extremely pricey. I think for a person living in college or university housing, the money would be more than enough, but I think a person living in private accommodation will be pinching pennies.. 

That seems on the lower end of the scale for stipends. Like others have said, it will depend on your accommodation. My stipend is 22,000 pound here in cambridge, I was offered the same in oxford, and I feel it is just enough to live comfortably. You can probably still make some extra money tutoring.