New School for Social Research?? Liberal Studies???

Guest veiled

Guest veiled

Has anyone accepted offers for the New School, particularly the Liberal Studies MA? I'm also interested in their philosophy department, and I did notice a few acceptances in philosophy and economics a while back there, but very few in Liberal Studies... It looks like quite an exciting school (overlooking of course the funding problems there). Advice, concerns, general excitement about future commitment to the University in Exile?

Guest Guest

:D I plan to accept my offer from the media studies program.

I'm most worried about housing. I live very far away and finding an apartment is going to be a pain.

I'm also a bit worried about moving to such a big city, as I'll be coming from a small town. I've never even been to NYC so it's going to be an adventure.

Guest veiled

I'm in the same boat: coming from a small college town and using the funds from a very low paying job. I'm planning on saving money by getting a second job, while my boyfriend (who is very excited about this move) will be working toward saving. Have also been anxiously scanning apartment rental sites, looking for afordable housing... who knows exactly how we'll pull this off.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use