A spelling mistake in my SoP

Hello everyone. I submitted my SoP for International M.Sc. Program in Germany few days ago. And today while I was rechecking my SoP for another school,  I found that I misspelled "ratio" as "ration". What upsets me the most is that I have asked a friend and an editor to proofread my SoP, but none of them has found this mistake. Do you think that this kind of mistake could seriously jeopardize my acceptance into the graduate school?

P.S. My sentence is like this "I manufactured blend scaffolds with varying volume rations (it should be RATIOS) of Alginate and Gelatin cross-linked with Genipin and analyzed how this difference in composition would affect structural stability and physical properties of blend scaffolds"

Well, obviously there's nothing that you can do about it now since you've already submitted it, so I think that it's probably better to let it go and hope for the best. I wouldn't worry about it too much - on the big scale of possible errors, this is pretty minor. If it helps to reassure you, I accidentally deleted an "s" at the end of one of the words in my SOP when I submitted it at some of the schools, and I was still accepted at several of them. If the rest of your application is good, I don't think there'd be any reason to reject you because of one minor spelling error.

Happens. I work as a sub-editor and making a spelling/ grammatical mistake is considered a sin in my profession. Nevertheless, I had a grammatical error in my SoP wherein I wrote has instead of have. I used the same one for two schools and got accepted by both. So don't worry and have faith in your abilities. 

I am sure most SOPs have a small mistake in them. I would let it go. If you friends didn't notice it then the school may not either. If they like you otherwise and do notice it then I am sure that tiny mistake wont change their mind.

• 4 weeks later...