MechE Waiting on Berkeley

JerusalemG

I just talked to the admissions office. They said since I haven't heard by this point it is because I haven't been admitted and I will receive a formal rejection email by the end of the day.

I just talked to the admissions office. They said since I haven't heard by this point it is because I haven't been admitted and I will receive a formal rejection email by the end of the day.

Can I ask which phone number you were calling? I tried the mechanical dept. as well as the grad admission office but both were answering machines.

Dear group,

Please post your reponses for the benefit of future aspirants..

Today I received "Reject" by email.  The email suggested me to check the website for decision citing privacy concerns.  It is true that if you did not hear this long.. the decision is clearly embossed on the wall --- "Rejected !".

The contents of the email --

Quote =========

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

A decision has been made regarding your admission to the University of California, Berkeley Mechanical Engineering PhD Graduate Program.

In order to protect your privacy you will need to log back into your application to view this decision. You may need to copy and paste this link into your browser.

https://gradadmit.berkeley.edu/apply/MechEng-PhD/f2014/login.html

Sincerely,

Graduate Admissions Office

UnQuote ===============

Same here, called and received an informal rejection. She said that there were 1100 application blah blah, so it took longer than usual. Still not received an email though! Anyways best of luck to all for ur bright futures! Cheers!

And thank you JerusalemG for starting this thread.

Is there anyone who is applying for the MS only degree? I am applying the MS only (plan II) program. And I noticed that some of the rejections are received today by those who applied MS/phd program. 

PS: To date, I haven't heard anything regarding my decision yet. Am I ignored? 

I applied to the MS and called the office to receive an unofficial rejection. My status on the website still says submitted though. Oh well, I was lucky enough to be offered full funding at Stanford which I am taking.

I applied to the MS and called the office to receive an unofficial rejection. My status on the website still says submitted though. Oh well, I was lucky enough to be offered full funding at Stanford which I am taking.

Good for you. If I were you, I would not care about UCB at all.

I applied for the ms program. Yangq3 call the graduate office, they will ask your full name and tell you the decision instantly.

I called the general graduate admission office and the secretary told me since my status is still 'submitted', my app is still under review. Then I called the guy named Yawo Dagbevi Akpawu, and he told me to wait for the email at the end of the day and then hung up.

oh ok. I called Yawo twice and it went to voice mail. Finally I called a woman named Isabel, she asked me my name and last name and gave me the decision right away.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I applied for the MS/PHD program. Still haven't heard back. I called a couple weeks ago and they said I should hear back "soon", early April at the latest. Not sure what it means that I haven't heard back yet but its probably not good news?