SDSU vs UO HELP!

I am in a predicament right now. I was really set on going to the University of Oregon up until an hour ago. I received an email from SDSU saying I was very near the top of their wait-list and to call them tomorrow at noon to talk more about my situation. I know this does not mean for sure I am in at San Diego but just in case, I thought I would ask for opinions on here.

I went to UO's open house last week and the school is really amazing. The faculty, facilities, and students could not have been any better. The program itself is also very appealing to me.

However, I don't know much about San Diego except that it's higher ranked and cheaper...does anyone have any insight on the curriculum, faculty, externship opportunities, etc? I am also an out-of-state student. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts! Thanks!

I can't say much about UO, but I am attending SDSU in fall. The clinic is amazing and up to date, the faculty seemed very young and knowledgeable... I think they have 10 PhD's, and Dr. Nip was very friendly and seemed very accommodating. I also have only heard really good things from people currently in the program. They also totally set up your externships for you, and let you choose which kinds of clients you would like to see. Overall, I was really impressed with them and think you can't go wrong going to SDSU! Hope this helps... good luck! 

You can private message me if needed!

Thanks for the feedback! I also know that the percentage of out of state students they admit is very small. As far as peer support, will I have a difficult time with that? Also, does anyone know about transportation in the area?

Kate - the peer support is amazing. So far, there is a good group of cohort that will be welcoming. In regards to transportation, there is a really great trolley and bus system but I wouldn't recommend being in San Diego without a car. You are going to love SDSU. I just sent my decline letter two days and it was the hardest decision ever. Thankfully, I know I am off to somewhere just as amazing.