Deciding Adelphi vs Yeshiva Mental Health M.A

MatildaLiv

If there is anyone who has graduated or has friends who were in either of these programs and could tell me about their experience I would be very grateful!

I would like to know if they were helped to find their placements, how they would describe their overall academic experience, if the administration was efficient and cooperative and if they were happy.

I am partial to Adelphi because of its clinical focus and psychodynamic orientation but I am unsure whether enrolling their M.A might help me in being considered for the PhD in Clinical Psyc.

I haven't heard that enrolling in Adelphi's MA helps one get into the PhD - I'd check the website and look at profiles of the current PhD students - if none/1-2 of them initially did a terminal MA there, could be a bad sign if you're hoping to springboard it into the PhD there afterward. Some schools are more inclined to take their MAs; others are actually less inclined to admit them for a PhD. I met people from Adelphi at conferences - seemed like they good experiences at the school.