where to go? Warwick and Nottingham MSc Economics or APE at PSE

hoathuytien

Hi!

My long-term objectives: work as analyst or strategist at World Bank or IMF or UN on development or banking policy. I am interested in politics, developments and finance features of economy. 

My medium term is to get admitted at one rigorous US PhD programme such as at Yale, Princeton or Columbia.

I quite understand I narrow my chance by those schools but funding is my most concerned issue, I couldn't afford much from top graduate uni such as LSE, oxbridge (turned out that I was coward to apply them early but anyway everything has gone and I now want to make up my decision). 

I got offer from Warwick MSc Economics and Nottingham MSc Economics and Development Economics, the fee difference is 10000 pounds, which is substantial to me and I wonder if Warwick is worth the investment, considering my medium and long term objectives (first I want to get in a good PhD programme first). 

Is APE at Paris School of Economics good? I mean, compared with that of Warwick or other top programmes? How would it be the chance there to go further for a PhD placement at top US school? Any one has comment on PSE or courses related? Would it be better to go to PSE rather than staying at England and go for WW?

I am quite lost now and in need of your help. Any information (mainly on PSE) would be much appreciated! any thought and comparisons leave me in debt of great gratitude. 

Thank you very much.  

• 2 years later...

Where did you end up going to? I got offer from Warwick Msc Economics and PSE's APE program also. 
I want to continue to PhD in Econ, hopefully in the states. I am from a developing country and I hope to become a researcher or academics.
Please help with some information if you can...

Thank you very much!