Holding two offers at the same time

ittihad_girl

Hi there,

I have a problem that has been bothering me a lot lately. I am currently in my last semester of undergraduate studies and I have applied for 3 universities to do my grad school. I received the offer of admission for a Masters program from school #1 at early February and because I was given only two weeks to accept or decline and in order to preserve this opportunity I decided to accept the offer. In this month I received the offer from school #2 (the school that I have been always dreaming to study at) with a RA position and I have accepted it immediately.

Now I need to contact school #1 and let them know that I am not going to come. The problem is that they did not ask me for any deposit and I am wondering what will happen if I cancelled my admission?? Can they do anything bad :( :/ 

Thank you!

They can't really do anything directly to you. They might not be happy with you changing your mind and they might remember if you apply there in the future or interact with them in the future. Or they might not! Just be polite as possible and apologize for any hardship. 

At this point you're going to have to rescind one of your acceptances anyway, so you might as well go with the dream school.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly doubt the schools are going to communicate with each other. Also, how would one school knew you applied to the other.  Talk to the school you want to go to and see if they have any advice.  You can rescind your offer from your first school, but they probably won't be happy about it. 

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use