Salus University

Salus University in Elkins Park, PA which is in the greater Philadelphia area is starting their first slp class in Fall 2014. I was wondering if anyone has been accepted and will be attending? :) 

To the person that just posted in the results page about a fb group, message me your name so I can start an FB group :) for some reason my post got deleted on the results page. I need to add atleast one other person to the group before I can make it. 

are you kidding me?! i had heard about them but i only thought the had an audiology program since ASHA lists it as only AuD...otherwise I would've so applied!  are they still accepting applicants?

I found out they are still accepting applicants.  Do you know anything about the program which you could share?  Debating whether it's worth applying now or not. 

My uncle works at the university and salus as a whole is a very good health school, which is what I want to focus on. The majority of the information I know is from their website. You can email admission and they are happy to answer questions. I think it's definitely worth applying. It will be a very strong program

Do you know where we are supposed to do our clinics as there is not an on-campus clinic?  I tried calling the admissions office, but the lady was not super nice on the phone.  Lol.

I would be entering the school in the fall for the first time just as you would...so I don't have any inside information. Contact Ryan Hollister at admissions. he is really nice. Everyone who I spoke to is really nice.

Hi! 

I was accepted as well to this program and it looks fabulous! I talked to admissions today to go for a tour, and they told me they are doing interviews through the end of May, so I would apply now if I were you!

Good luck!

Hi! 

I was accepted as well to this program and it looks fabulous! I talked to admissions today to go for a tour, and they told me they are doing interviews through the end of May, so I would apply now if I were you!

Good luck!

Thanks!  Do you mind sharing your stats?

• 4 weeks later...

when they said it woudn't start until January did they give reasons why? Can ASHA not do their assessment in July? This is actually great news for me because i need to get one more class in before i could start anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump....interview on Tuesday. Sooooooo nervous!!!! Has anyone heard anything? I know they said the site visit went very well and they were going to apply for accelerated status (or something like that) so they could start in the Fall but I haven't heard since. Emailed Ryan last week but I guess he was out of the office because he's usually really good about emailing back.

• 1 year later...

Hey slptobe92, did you get an interview at Salus? Congrats if so! I am still waiting to hear back from them. I had a pre-application interview back in the fall, and met with an admissions counselor- just about my pre-reqs and asked questions about the program, etc. He said they'd be contacting qualified applicants for interviews and letting people in on a rolling basis. 

If you do have an interview scheduled, I was wondering what was the timing of your application submission? I submitted mine in mid-January, I'm hoping to be contacted soon for an interview! crossing my fingers!

1 hour ago, CMyesAnd said:

Hey slptobe92, did you get an interview at Salus? Congrats if so! I am still waiting to hear back from them. I had a pre-application interview back in the fall, and met with an admissions counselor- just about my pre-reqs and asked questions about the program, etc. He said they'd be contacting qualified applicants for interviews and letting people in on a rolling basis. 

If you do have an interview scheduled, I was wondering what was the timing of your application submission? I submitted mine in mid-January, I'm hoping to be contacted soon for an interview! crossing my fingers!

I don't have an interview but I'm crossing my fingers that I get one!