Salus University

for those who accepted to Salus U. Would you mind sharing your PS or help me check with my PS and give some recommendations? I got rejections from all of other programs and would like to try the last opportunity... so sad

On 3/3/2016 at 2:51 PM, slptobe92 said:

i'm not trying to discourage you, but their class is nearly full. Their deadline is April 1st but they review apps as they receive them.

did they post that they do rolling admissions?

59 minutes ago, koukla19 said:

Yeah I think they do but someone posted on the results page that they were waitlisted after an interview because they've already filled up their class for right now.

I've also seen a few people say their program is unorganized and unprofessional so I'm really curious about that. Anyone know?

Edited by slptobe92

3 hours ago, slptobe92 said:

Yeah I think they do but someone posted on the results page that they were waitlisted after an interview because they've already filled up their class for right now.

I've also seen a few people say their program is unorganized and unprofessional so I'm really curious about that. Anyone know?

My friend is currently in the program and says its stressful but she's having a great learning experience. I do not remember seeing anywhere on Salus's website that they do rolling admissions. Another thing that concerns me is that their deadline is April 1st and their program is already filled in March.

31 minutes ago, koukla19 said:

My friend is currently in the program and says its stressful but she's having a great learning experience. I do not remember seeing anywhere on Salus's website that they do rolling admissions. Another thing that concerns me is that their deadline is April 1st and their program is already filled in March.

Yeah I'm surprised that they are full already. If I knew they would fill up that fast I would have applied much earlier but I didn't apply until two weeks ago.

On 3/9/2016 at 7:56 AM, koukla19 said:

They do rolling admission. Their program is considered full right now; however, Ryan is admissions mentioned that they are expecting turnover as other programs are just now offering spots to students. Since they are rolling, they offered positions back in December and so on. Students may deny their spot as they get into schools they are most interested in. 

22 hours ago, koukla19 said:

Any idea on how the interview went for her? 

15 minutes ago, Chess said:

I got in about a month ago! Any questions feel free, and if you also got accepted let me know! I would love to start an FB page. While I am still waiting on 7 schools, I think there is a high chance I will end up there! 

What was the interview like? And was it in person or phone/skype? Thanks!

8 hours ago, Chess said:

I got in about a month ago! Any questions feel free, and if you also got accepted let me know! I would love to start an FB page. While I am still waiting on 7 schools, I think there is a high chance I will end up there! 

Hey, congrats!!! That is awesome. I'm curious what the interview is like. I was offered an interview and will be going this coming Tuesday. Also, how long after you interviewed did you hear back with an offer? Thank you!!!! 

Got a spot on the standby list at Salus! I figure that's the same thing as waitlist. I realize this isn't an acceptance, but still feeling good about it, since I know their class is already full or close to full. I interviewed on 3/15. Did anyone else hear news from them? Fortunately I have acceptances at other programs, but Salus is my top choice, and I am going to do everything I can to get off the gosh darn waitlist! 

6 minutes ago, Cookie Hall said:

Yes! I got both emails and I'm honestly still kind of confused! :(

I'm thinking it means we made it past the initial review but they haven't reviewed our applications enough to ask for an interview yet? I'm not totally sure. But as long as it's not an outright rejection yet I'm happy!

1 hour ago, slptobe92 said:

I'm thinking it means we made it past the initial review but they haven't reviewed our applications enough to ask for an interview yet? I'm not totally sure. But as long as it's not an outright rejection yet I'm happy!

What does the email say? I'm a little bit confused as to what's going on with the way they;re handling admissions. Was it personalized? Did it explain anything?

I got an email saying I needed to complete a specific prerequisite class. Apparently the pre-req program I'm in doesn't have that class. Did anyone else get an email like this? Is this a good thing?

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed at Salus a few weeks ago, and today I just got an email that I've been accepted (I was on the standby list)! I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion about the fact that they're searching for a new chair/program director?  I had such a positive experience when I toured the campus, met with students and interviewed there! However a friend of mine at a different Philadelphia area program shared a different perspective. Her professors mentioned that they are searching for their 3rd director and this may be a red flag.  I have already emailed about getting in contact with some current students so I can gauge their opinions.  Anyone in contact with any current students? I really loved everything about the program and so I'm trying hard to resolve my reservations about this.

5 hours ago, CMyesAnd said:

I interviewed at Salus a few weeks ago, and today I just got an email that I've been accepted (I was on the standby list)! I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion about the fact that they're searching for a new chair/program director?  I had such a positive experience when I toured the campus, met with students and interviewed there! However a friend of mine at a different Philadelphia area program shared a different perspective. Her professors mentioned that they are searching for their 3rd director and this may be a red flag.  I have already emailed about getting in contact with some current students so I can gauge their opinions.  Anyone in contact with any current students? I really loved everything about the program and so I'm trying hard to resolve my reservations about this.

Congrats on getting in! I was kind of disappointed when I heard they were full so early but I guess they have spots opening up now so that's exciting! I can't really offer any advice on the whole director thing, but can you share a bit about your interview? What did they ask? And when did you apply? (Sorry for all the questions I'm just super anxious)

Thanks, I feel fortunate to have some options!

The interview was really nicely set up. It was a group of about 7-8 of us at once. They took us into a conference room where we met with the interim program director. He gave us an overview of the program and answered questions. Next we each had an individual one-on-one interview with a faculty member. Everybody was super friendly and the questions were all standard for every candidate. I don't remember the exact questions to be honest- sorry! But they were generally about why you chose this field and what sets you apart, I think! I applied for Salus in early January. I went in for a prelim appointment to talk to an admissions counselor before I had even applied. I got info about the program, etc, and I think that helped my application stand out once I had actually submitted. I had heard nothing back from them in early March, but saw that some people had heard and their class was filling up. I emailed the same admissions person I had met with in January and I think that helped in getting my application pulled for an interview. I was notified about 3 days after the interview that I was on a standby list. That was March 18th. Then today I got the acceptance email.

It is definitely hard to do all this waiting, so good luck and hang in there!

I ended up submitting an application there last minute (on the day of the deadline). I realize that my chances are probably slim, but you never know and any chance is better than none at this point. A couple questions:

If selected for an interview is there a skype option or do you have travel to their campus?

Is the standby list ranked or ordered in any way? How many people typically get on them? I see more waitlists than rejections in the gradcafe results section.

In case anyone is curious: I  spoke with a current student, the admissions director, and the interim program director about my concerns. I was very satisfied with the response I got from that. They basically explained that the founding director had committed to three years at Salus.  She is from North Carolina and had relocated to Pennsylvania in order to start up the program. Once the program was up and running she announced that she would be retiring and moving home to her family in North Carolina. The interim director explained that he has over 20 years of experience as an SLP in Pennsylvania and has specific expertise in the accreditation and licensing process for Pennsylvania as well as asha.  The short story is that I was very much reassured in my gut feeling that the program would be a great fit for me.